Confidentiality

giveitbacktome!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i haven't got to this stage yet - far from it, but when they make you an offer do you have to accept that you wont tell anyone else. If you dont sign it will they give you the money still. What if you sign it, take the money from them, then somehow they have reason you have told other people, can they then sue?

Simply cross out the confidentiality clause and initial it.

They then have two choices.... pay up anyway or go to court, and they don't want to do that.:D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

You can strike out this part of the settlement, or put a price on it. You don't have to accept it if you don't want to, and if they really want to avoid court they will settle without it. If they really feel that there is something about your claim that they don't want getting out into the wild, then they should have to pay for the privilege. It never arose on mine, but I was prepared to ask 50% of the settlement value.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

It would have been as an extra payment if the situation had arisen, which it didn't in my case (and rarely does from what I've seen, although I only mainly track the Halifax forum and can't say what other banks may have done).

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Guest Alison82
Simply cross out the confidentiality clause and initial it.

They then have two choices.... pay up anyway or go to court, and they don't want to do that.:D

Good idea, I didn't think you could do this, Lloyds done this to me but I won't be falling for it again

There is no one on this forum who has not been given their money because they refuse to agree to confidentiality.

Almost every settlement offer which you will read about was made originally with a condition of confidentiality included in it.

There is no bank on this forum -- and this includes Barclays -- which has failed to pay after the condition of confidentiality has been refused.

The money is yours. You should receive it unconditionally. Confidentiality is valuable to the bank. You should not give it away you should sell it to them. Of course we have never heard of a bank who is prepared to pay for it either -- so clearly it is not that important.

The only reason that the banks want confidentiality is to undermine others who are claiming and also to hide their own shame.

The banks' requirement of confidentiality typifies their notion of reasonableness and transparency. It is corrupt