DUNKMAT v's First Direct

dunkmat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They're under starters orders ! And they're OFF!

Monday June 26th 2006 - Request for Statements!

Is all correspondence better being posted or is faxing ok?

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea"

First Direct - £1053.12 Prelim Letter 10/7/06

Mint - SAR Request 13/7/06

Post, Recorded Delivery as a MINIMUM in my opinion.

Good luck, keep us posted!

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Do i have to send a cheque or can I ask for it to be taken from my account for the £10. They seem to be refunding all cheques anyway? (As I dont have a cheque book!)

Cheers

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown in to the sea"

I took out the bit in the letter about enclosing a cheque and replaced it with something like "I authorise you to deduct £10.00 from my account".

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

• 2 weeks later...

Just received my 6 years worth of statements, next step to calculate on spreadsheet template and send them the bad news?

Thanks

Is a Renewal Fee a charge that can be claimed back?

Cheers

No, it cannot, as I beleibve this is a charge for reviewing your overdraft. It is a service charge and not a penalty charge.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

--

Prelim Letter sent on Monday 10th July 2006. :lol:

First Direct £1058.12 - Prelim Letter Sent 10/07/06 :eek:

Mint CC - SAR sent 13/07/06

Great so far....

Keep us posted!

--

• 4 weeks later...

HI All,

just back of hols and 27th July 2006 a letter "Without Prejudice" Thank you for the blah blah blah Were not at fault blah blah blah

HOWEVER!

management time legal costs blah blah blah an offer of £877.50

Offer in place for 10 working days (which I have missed!)

I accept the sum of £877.50 in full and final settlement of my complaint!

Should I sign and send back as I am well pleased with the offer?

How long ago was the 10 days up?

Is their offer for the full amount, as you've not stated what your claim is....?

--