Help with Hillesden

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First time on this site. We have debt problems and are dealing with cccs. Citibank have sold debt to Hillesden who have sent a letter indicating that our offer is insufficient and that will be passing to solicitors for ccj and charging order. Never been in this situation before and really don't know where to start. Original debt for 7,200 charges and interest have been added and debt now 8024!

We have made 2 payments to Hillesden through cccs.

Can anyone help?

We were in much the same position - we had a DMP with Payplan. Citi sold debt to DLC (who are Hillesden), DLC accepted the payments for a few months, then started sending letters threatening to go for Charging Order. Thankfully by that time I'd found CAG, and sent them a CCA request. They haven't supplied it - in fact it's a lot more dodgy than that, but that's the nub of it. There were no problems with our payments to them, no problems with the account, they just wanted more. Fight them MM - the people here will show you how! x:)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I find it amazing that it is the sheer greed of these people which sends people to sites like this and very often :D means that the agreement is either unenforceable or has been shredded many years ago. If they accepted the offers people made them they would probably still be getting paid.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Don't forget to put

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company at the top.

Start with the CCA request first as it only costs a £,

The SAR can be sent later if there are unlawful charges to dispute.

If they do not send an enforceable CCA ( Get back if anything turns up) relating to the account after 12+ 2 working days you can stop paying them.

How old are the debts and what kind of debt was it?

I personally think DLC/Hillesden have a case to answer re. trying for charging orders, even when it's obvious people are paying through DMPs. What they actually want are pliable people, who'll accept whatever they say. They're also jeopardising your DMP, so it might be worth asking for a copy of their Complaints Procedure at the same time.:mad:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Thanks Cas, I had ignored the phone until i got a letter saying they wanted to call round to discuss matters. I called and asked them not to call round as i would not discuss it with them due to the Cccs dealing with it and that i had no more money to pay them!! next i get the failure to maintain acceptable payments letter confirming i own the house and that they are looking for a CCJ. Thanks to this site and you people i will stall them a bit...

will keep you posted and thanks.:)

With any luck Mayday you will do more than stall them.:p

BANK CHARGES

Others

If Hiillesden can't prove their legal right to collect on this debt with an enforceable agreement then they can say anything they want, as court action is NOT possible.

Basically No CCA = No Enforceable Debt.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Remember when sending a CCA request to send it recorded delivery with a £1 crossed postal order and don't sign the letter (or alternatively use a digital signature).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have a special signature for my CCA letters and the cheques I send with them which is slightly different to my usual one - it has an extra letter in it:D I like to send cheques because that is evidence that they have received it.

BANK CHARGES

Others

Hi all and thank you again for comments and help (I had not considered the signature ruse, thanks rory!).

This might sound daft but do i send the letter to Hillesden or or DLC? i know they are both the same address but i dont want to slip up early in the game..

I would send it to DLC as they are acting on belhalf of Hillsden who have bought the debt. This keeps them in the loop and they have a legal obligation under s175 of the CCA to pass your request on to Hillsden.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes and no. They are allowed to supply a true copy but without the original how would anyone know what a true copy is. A "true" copy does not allow them to enforce the debt which is why you requested a copy of the original under s77/78.