• Tweets

• Good afternoon   Please find below the Microsoft Teams link for your hearing listed at the Weymouth Combined Court, 18th May 2022 at 2:30pm.   To join the hearing, hover your cursor over the link below, press the control (ctrl) button on your keyboard and click the left-hand button on your mouse.   Microsoft Teams Link:   Click here to join the meeting     Kind regards   Miss Caroline Marshall   Tribunal Clerk, CVP Administrator, Digital Support Officer, CFT Administration Officer   Weymouth Combined Court | HMCTS | The Law Courts, Westwey Road | Weymouth | DT4 8BS Phone: 01305 752516 Mobile: 07889 410444   gov.uk/hmcts  
    • put the email up this doesn't seem correct to me.   dx  
    • I usually clear my credit card balance by direct debit each month.  On 23rd December I bought some wine which I hopped would be added to my January statement for payment in February.  Unfortunately, I miss calculated and the wine was charged on my December statement for payment in January.  I made three payments in January which were not enough to pay the full amount.  I was left with a negative balance of £272.60.  I also made a purchase of one item which added £7.50 to the balance.  Since I had reinstated my direct debit payment in time for my February payment, the full balance was cleared on 18th February.  By my calculation, the £272.60 was in deficit for 57 days and the £7.50 for 30 days. I have been given the daily compound interest rate of 0.0407814%.  My calculation is the interest due on the £272.60 for 57 days is (1+0.000407814)57-1 or (2.3513%) multiplied by the debt = £6.41.  The same calculation for the £7.50 is (1+0.000407814)30 -1 or (1.2307%) multiplied by the debt = £0.09.  I have calculated the days by taking the purchase date from the repayment date of the 18th February 2022.  This totals £6.50, but my bank has calculated the interest at £15.64 in January and a further £2.46 in February.  I have asked how bank calculates interest but none of the employees at the bank know.  Apparently, its too complicated and no employees who deal with customers can provide the answer.  My question cannot be escalated to someone who can explain what is wrong with my calculation.  Apparently, the computer works it out and that is all that matters (to the bank). I did calculate the daily rate at 0.040435% on the basis that it is 15.9% annually.  I used the formula (1+0.00040435)365-1 to confirm an annual rate of 15.9%.  The same formula using bank’s calculation produces an annual rate of 16.04%.  My calculations may not be perfect but the bank interest calculation is nearly 2.8 times mine.   What is wrong with my calculation?
    • Hi Caggers,   Heart in mouth moment! Just got an email through for a teams meeting tomorrow for a hearing at the combined courts....   With regards to the thread of this post last year in April i did the mediation which didn't work out as expected and then all went quiet on the western front.   I moved house about 6 months ago and i updated all of my creditors but didn't think like an absolute imbecile to do the same for the court.    I haven't prepared a witness statement, nothing! If this email hadn't of come through i wouldn't of had a clue this hearing was even due to take place. I feel like a right numpty!   Is there anything at all i can do at this point?
    • I am guessing at a link to PPI as HMRC won't send my anything pertaining to the investigation in writing although I've asked for it. This matter is already supposed to have been investigated by HMRC so this is all post investigation and I've been told to cash both cheques on the phone today.   I recieved two tax calculations form HMRC both saying the tax repayment was from Savings Income, the amount on both these calculations is actually slightly different to the amounts on the corrosponding cheques, just a few pounds out. As you can no doubt tell I did not recieve a huge amount of savings income / or interest from my savings more like £2 as opposed to £2500!   The only thing it could be is PPI, if it isn't that then it must be an error. However HMRC have already investigated this and the outcome is that the money is mine? Why would they make another error like this after investigation? Are HMRC that incompetent? Was the call handler who was taking my call and put me on hold to look at my case just too lazy / busy to actually check? I feel like they are putting me in a bad position by not properly explaining the outcome of the investigation by sending a letter. Obviously I don't want to take or spend money I'm not entitled to but at the same time don't want to not get it if it is due to me.   @Ethel Street , I have not cashed either cheque yet so probably would have to request a replacement for the November Cheque now.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

jellybabe vs Littlewoods Flexi

jellybabe

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Still not received any statements, but then, they still have until the 02.08. to supply them.

Nor have i received my CCA yet.

..sent request on 11.06.

..£1 credited to account on 13.06.started counting 10+2 days after that.

..Littlewoods is therefore in Default.

..am i right in thinking that Littlewoods commits a criminal offence on the

25.07.?? And they can not enforce anything without the courts after

that date??

ukaviator?Are you around??

Thanks again for that letter, it has been sent off on the 9th July.

Haven't had a reply yet.

There 12 days + 30 days runs out on the 25th July.

I have stopped paying them. But after reading a few threads about it, am very scared now.

I am aware that they will probably issue a default. Would it be advisable to offer lower payments until the dispute is resolved, or should i stick to my guns?

Hi jellybabe just had a quick read of your thread from my knowledge of Littlewoods they will not have any agreement if your account was started before middle of 2006. They will send you a blank agreement(maybe with your name and address printed on it) and some goblede gook about this is a copy of agreement we sent you bla bla bla. Then you know they have no agreement. Then it's up to you if you pay or not, I use the rule if they have treated me with respect then I will treat them the same, of my creditors 3 had properly executed agreement that had to be paid, one had an unenforceable agreement but charges and interest applied to the charges were greater than the account balance so I reclaimed them. Three treated me like rubbish and had either no agreement of unenforceable agreement so I stopped paying. There was also one creditor that treated me with respect and due to this even though they had no agreement I paid off the debt with then.

all the best dpick:)

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

Thanks dpick,

I will wait and see what my statements say then, once i receive them.

They have until the 02.08. to supply them.

Just hope they don't default me until then.

Hi a default and no agreement is a no no.

default where the value contains charges and interest with no agreement to allow is a no no as per FOS my claim.

dpick:)

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Paid in full £2295

Thanks dpick,

i think you can tell how scared i am from getting a default. I know they shouldn't, but they will certainly try to get away with it, won't they?

Not sure what to do if they default me (even though they shouldn't), but it might be best not to think about it until it actually happens.

Thanks dpick,

i think you can tell how scared i am from getting a default. I know they shouldn't, but they will certainly try to get away with it, won't they?

Not sure what to do if they default me (even though they shouldn't), but it might be best not to think about it until it actually happens.

I know this is not much of a guide but Littlewoods put two defaults on my wife's CRA file used two different id's Legal direct rec's and Littlewoods finance though they are both the same Littlewoods finance Ltd. I reported this to FOS they advised Littlewoods to remove one even before investigation began and they have now recommended that Littlewoods remove the second after investigation.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

Paid in full £2295

Right then,

Today i received my CCA and it seems to be eligible.

I think i will draft a letter up saying that i will start paying again, but that the account is still in dispute due to the charges levied on there.

They still haven't complied with my S.A.R. and i might just remind them of this within the letter. I wonder if i stand a chance of sending reduced payments until the dispute is resolved??

Forgot to mention that they state in the letter that Interest has currently been suspended. HELLO??they only just charged me £22.10 on the 12th July?? What's all this about then?

Hi Jellybabe

I'm still about, zipping around all over the place, how are you getting on?

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi ukaviator,

Thanks for dropping in. I have received all my shop direct statements. Am in teh process of doing my prelim right now. The thing i'm a bit worried about is, all my statements and stuff came in a big envelope not sufficiently closed, just a little bit cellotaped. the post woman left it on the side of my door and the envelope was opened. Is this anything i have to report somewhere?

Still not sure what to do about receiving my S.A.R. details in an open envelope?

Nevertheless, got my prelim printed ready to go tomorrow.I'm after £437.59, that includes contractual interest at 35.9%.

Hi Jellybabe, are you charging interest straight on top of the £437.59 or are you going through the spreadsheets?

When I wrote mine for GEmoney I did it on paper, adding the charge and then interest soley on this charge for the months till the next charge, adding this then interest on top again. I used around 30% but then divded it over 12 months working oiut the monthlky interest. On 3 accounts totalling £318 I seperatly worked out the interst and came up with a total of around £60. Would you say this is fair and reasonably accurate?

I sent off my Sar to littlewoods and they just added the £10 to my account. Do you think they would have read the letter at all?

Think we are in this one together lol.

Hi Karen,

Sorry, not sure about the interest calculation (but it does sound alright), i'm doing it all by spreadsheet. So much easier for me.

I've got seperate accounts with shop direct, but i'm going after them seperately.

I've had to wait a long time for my statements. So i think i am a bit ahead of you, LOL.

A lot of them credit the money to the account, i usually just send them a reminder that the money was for the S.A.R. and they still need to comply with that. Not sure about them reading the letters, i reckon they see it's an S.A.R., file it and send the standard reply back.

But that's only my opinion.

Anyway, good luck with yours.

Glad not to be on my own.:-D

But we have great support on this thread with ukaviator.