Jump to content


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


I was wondering if anybody could help me as I have been trying to do this by myself by just reading your threads and advice but now now feel out of my depth. About 2 and half years ago I ran away from some debt with a credit card for £4000. It finally caught up with me about 6 months ago through a company called regal credit. I sent the CCA letter to them and then never heard anything more from them. In August I received a letter fro a company called Buchanan clarke and Wells chasing the same debt. I ignored them but received another letter from them recently to which I replied with theaccount in dispute letter. At the beginning of this week I received a letter from geooffery parker bourne solicitors re the credit card debt and I need to contact the BCW group to pay immediately . Today I have had two phone calls from the TSC credit management trying to verify my details which of course I would not give to them.Please can somebody help me as I am feeling very stressed by this and would really appreciate a step by step guide of what I can do.:o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try sending this letter (acknowledgment again to Curlyben):



Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX



I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original creditor/DCA** and has been since DATE 2007.

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the CCA 74.


As **original creditor/DCA** are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Subject Access request and have also breached s10 Data Protection Act request , I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.


As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.


Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original creditor/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.


If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.


I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.


I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.


Yours faithfully


All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Link to post
Share on other sites

try again:)


Send a new CCA, registered post, postal order, don't sign the letter....

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.


I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...