BT late payment charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else taken on this one?

I've just been hit for £32.00 'payment charges', which is

£4.50 payment processing fee

£7.50 Late payment charge

£20 service restoration charges

grrrr!!!!

I'm doubly ****ed off because I thought I'd paid it when the computer rang me up and I tapped in my debit card details, but it then put me on hold and I hung up thinking I'd paid the bloody thing

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just to let you know my BT nightmare continues on a quarterly basis. My last 3 bills have all attracted a late payment charge, the only problem is I wasn't late in paying them in fact the last one was paid within 4 hours of receiving it yet last week I got my next bill & sure enough the £7.50 late fee was on there.

When I first changed over to not paying by DD I telephoned them when I received my bill & paid over the phone with my card, 3 or 4 weeks later I went to use the phone & it was a dead line. I called them using a mobile to report the fault only to find out there was no fault & to be told I no longer have an account with BT.

The women then proceeded to tell me that she could see I had called in to pay but for some reason the payment was never taken from the card & the original BT worker had put a note on the system that she had in fact got confused & tried to process the payment twice so rather than continue she had stopped the second transaction. The note also said he/she was going to call me the next day. No one ever called, let alone the next day.

In fact she had not processed the first payment either so therfore my bill had not been paid. So I was then forced to pay a reconnection fee as well or not have a phone, even though BT have it in black & white it was their own fault.

I also always question the £4.50 fee that i pay because i refuse to go back to DD. The best response to date is 'please don't feel you are being discriminated against becasue I ( the BT worker ) have to pay it too for not signing up a DD mandate'. :D

Its just strange that these problems have only occured since I stopped paying by DD. I feel like I am being harassed because I refuse to conform to the direct debit system.

In fact they make me more determined to continue not paying by DD because when I get all this sorted they will be sending me a nice little cheque, although I may insist they pay it by BACS or I will add on an admin fee.:-D :-D :-D