• Tweets

• Yes in my first post I asked if they were going to pay me my full wages or ssp.    I have asked for an assessment but no reply yet. I've been off one day so far.  The only message they sent me said that because of the risk of contagion, they do not want me to come in.  Is this not enough? - Sounds like they are suspending for clinical reasons to me. 
    • I've requested a credit report from Experian now, I should receive it by next week
    • Hi I have decided I don’t want to use this company, however they say a refund takes 5-10 working day, however as we don’t have much good weather I want to buy the machine form a more reputable seller ASAP, is there anything thing I can do to remains a quicker refund. The machine cost over a grand so I don’t have any spare money to be paying for both machines.
    • Thanks dx. No, there's no reference number in the writ itself.    Who are the pursuers:   Erudio Student Loans Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and having its registered office at c/o Wilmington Trust SP Services (London) Limited. Third Floor. 1 King's Arms Yard, London EC2R 7AF   Who Are the Solicitors:   Shoosmiths LLP   What is the writ for –   Preceding the Condescendence and Pleas In Law sections provided in post 1, there's the following text: The pursuers crave the Court to grant decree against the defender for payment to the pursuers of the sum of AMOUNT together with expenses   what date was this served on you:- 17th July   what date is within the COURT STAMP: 19th JUNE (not July as entered in post 1)   What Is the claim for: Student Loan   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files - I don't know but can find out   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? -  Before 2007;  first loan has a 1998 account number   Were you aware the account had been sold/assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Yes I believe so   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not to my knowledge   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Yes   When was your last payment:-  I believe I made at least one payment in late 2015 after having been late in submitting deferment forms that year   Why did you cease payments:- I only made payments to cover a couple of months' payments which were due because of my deferment had been submitted late. I stopped once those payments had been covered   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  No   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan?  No    
    • I emigrated to australia permanently about a year and a half ago, but still have an overdraft of 2500 pounds with a bank in the UK. I am struggling to pay it off, and am being charged 1.75 a day for the overdraft. I have not informed the bank that I have moved to Australia.   Im wondering what is the best course of action. I do not intend to return to the UK and have no assets or family over there. I rang up a call centre for the bank and informed them of my situation and they suggested i ring the branch and speak to them. I intend to pay the debt off, but am not in a position to do so right now, and was hoping the bank might put a hold on the charges, whilst I can get the finances to pay them off.   alternatively, what would happen if I did not pay this debt off
  • Our picks

GolfCaddie

How do I deal with Cabot?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4295 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am been chased by cabot for two debts, either over the phone ( up to 5 times a day (I never answer)) and by letter which I ignore.

Both debts are credit card debts. about £1100 and £2200. Both cards were with the Bank of Scotland.

I live in Scotland and thats where the debt occured ( that seems to have some legal brearing).

I checked my Experian credit refrences from previous years and both cards were listed as Defaulted on Feb 2001.

Recent experian searches show that the debts are no longer on my credit file and I dont seem to have any CCJ's listed against me.

Over the years I have had Robinson,way FIRE and Scotcall sending my letters ( all of which were ignored). also had Hodgsons solicitors send me two letters in June 2005. ( ignored that)

I got a letter of assignment from Bank of Scotland in Nov 2004 to Kingshill.

Got another letter in March 2007 saying that Cabot Financial group had purchased the debt.

Recently Cabot have increased the amount of times they are phoning me and leaving messages on answer machine ( I still dont answer phone to them.)

I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to deal with Cabot?

What relistically can Cabot do to me?

What is statute barred? and does that apply to me?

And finally what should my next step be?

thanx in advance

G

Statute barred debt is when a debt has aged by 6 years without any payments or agreements made by the debtor.

Nothing to worry about just these DCA's you have mentioned like to buy debts like these very cheaply and try their arm, know what to tell them now do you?

I live in Scotland and thats where the debt occured

In which case it's 5 years for statute barred debts. Statute barred means that no action can be taken to enforce a debt. They can ask you for payment but if you say no that's the end of the matter.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You can use the template letter here if you want Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner template M. You need to tweak it slightly as it's written for English Law.

Just substitute 5 years for 6 years and instead of the Limitation Act 1980 Section 5 put The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6. You may also wish to include the follow from the Act:

"If after an appropriate date, an obligation (an appropriate debt) has subsided for a continuous period of 5 years:

(a) without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation, and

(b) without the subsistence of the obligation having been relevantly acknowledged;

then as from the expiration of that period the obligation will be extinguished..."

Send it recorded delivery and print don't sign your name.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

Complaint to the OFT about DCA's threatening legally action on statute barred accounts

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.