Blakhorse mis-sold ppi as self-employed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi lou have you heard anything yet?

Called my bank yesterday as I still haven't got my ppi refund they said a cheque will be in the post within the next few days. I asked how much the refund was for but they couldn't say. Hope they have done there figures correct. I would have throught they would have told me first how much the refund was for before going ahead with the refund.

So we will wait and see....

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi lou have you heard anything yet?

Called my bank yesterday as I still haven't got my ppi refund they said a cheque will be in the post within the next few days. I asked how much the refund was for but they couldn't say. Hope they have done there figures correct. I would have throught they would have told me first how much the refund was for before going ahead with the refund.

So we will wait and see....

Hi Lizzy :)

sorry have not been in contact sooner been busy decorating:rolleyes:

Well all i can say is your bank should get thier finger out as your cheque seems to be taken for ever............:?

I have not heard a thing since i sent them LBA:evil: they have till the 20th then i will do my N1 as iam going to keep to the time scale.

Phoned blackdeath Whoops i mean blackhorse:roll: today they said a letter is on its way to me with their final reply...........but wouldnt say what they had written:evil: it best be good news but some how i dont think it will be:(

it may be their final reply but it won't be mine, if its not what i'm asking for, as my angel wings will drop off and on go my boxing gloves and i will go the full 10 rounds ding! ding!!

Still no letter.....perhaps it takes them longer to write a reply with one eye in the middle of your head and you can't stop dribberling(MEOW):p

No to be honest i think they have either thought they will call my bluff to see if i really will do a N1(and i will) or they are really looking into it this time knowing that i'm not going away:confused: ..........time will tell!!!! they only have till the 20th then it's recorded delivery with an N1 going their way:rolleyes:

Got reply for LBA saying they believe they have not mis-sold PPl and given me their solicotors address saying they have instructed to accept service:evil:

So now its N1 time please please any advice welcome...........are they just trying it on or do you think they really think i have no case:???:

I have looked at N1 form can't make head or tale of it HELP..............:shock:

Two different Polices adding up to £18,000

New to site,I have a few clients who are experiencing problems with PPI and have referred them to a solicitor contact in Wolverhampton who deals with cases such as these.Does anyone have any experience of legal actions so far?

Got reply for LBA saying they believe they have not mis-sold PPl and given me their solicotors address saying they have instructed to accept service:evil:

So now its N1 time please please any advice welcome...........are they just trying it on or do you think they really think i have no case:???:

I have looked at N1 form can't make head or tale of it HELP..............:shock:

Two different Polices adding up to £18,000

Hello Loukim,

Got your pm and replied to it. Have you heard anything back from the FOS yet???????????? Have I missed this in your thread. I have read it twice!!!!

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Sorry,new to this ,solicitor seemingly has raised actions before and won compensation from likes of Firstplus,Black Horse etc. Any comments would be appreciated.

Hello Lachie,

Wow, we could do with the help of your solicitor for advise and help on the forum. Do you think that they could help??? This is a self help forum, we do try to help and support each other and of course if we get stuck, we can ask the Mods for help. They are very well versed in the legalities of financial world of affairs. I presume this advise and help would be free of charge and not one of those ambulance chasers:rolleyes: Heaven forbid :o

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hello Loukim,

Got your pm and replied to it. Have you heard anything back from the FOS yet???????????? Have I missed this in your thread. I have read it twice!!!!

Just a letter to say case being passed to case worker to await allocation to an investgation team dated 6th november, and also letter from blackhorse to say FOS have requested files and if i choose to take court route FOS will drop my case.

So you think i should right to FSA then rewrite to blackhorse asking them why they have not canceled my PPI as requested and give them so many days to do it in and tell them that the FSA will be getting a letter of complaint ?

Just a letter to say case being passed to case worker to await allocation to an investgation team dated 6th november, and also letter from blackhorse to say FOS have requested files and if i choose to take court route FOS will drop my case.

So you think i should right to FSA then rewrite to blackhorse asking them why they have not canceled my PPI as requested and give them so many days to do it in and tell them that the FSA will be getting a letter of complaint ?

It might be best at this moment in time to let the FOS investigate the claim and if they outcome if not to your advantage, you have the right to issue a court claim, so maybe get saving.

Send a letter of complaint to the FSA regarding their non-compliance with the cancelling and refunding of the ppi, Its up to you to inform them, but I would maybe give them a warning. Again if it does go to court, I will go in your favour that you have tried to resolve this matter. Have you informed the FOS that they will not cancel the ppit??????

It might be best at this moment in time to let the FOS investigate the claim and if they outcome if not to your advantage, you have the right to issue a court claim, so maybe get saving.

Send a letter of complaint to the FSA regarding their non-compliance with the cancelling and refunding of the ppi, Its up to you to inform them, but I would maybe give them a warning. Again if it does go to court, I will go in your favour that you have tried to resolve this matter. Have you informed the FOS that they will not cancel the ppit??????

Only got letter yesterday so i will get in contact with FOS tomorrow and fax them a letter over as well as a copy of blackhorses last letter.

It might be best at this moment in time to let the FOS investigate the claim and if they outcome if not to your advantage, you have the right to issue a court claim, so maybe get savin

What do you me by get saving as wouldn't i only be paying for N1 ?

What do you me by get saving as wouldn't i only be paying for N1 ?

Hello Loukim,

Your up bright and early this morning, I mean't it as a joke, saving up for your court fees to issue the N1:D There not cheap:rolleyes:

Speak soon

Hello Loukim,

Your up bright and early this morning, I mean't it as a joke, saving up for your court fees to issue the N1:D There not cheap:rolleyes:

Speak soon

Ok thank you :) yes i'm up early always by 5.45am on a week day, as work for husbands scaffold company + 3 teenage children to get ready to catch school coach by 7.30am:eek: bit like a mad house first thing in the morning

Can anybody tell me as my loan was arranged over the phone should there not be a recording of the conversation??:???:

I have asked them this in a letter but as to date they have failed to answer this........:mad:

As i know if they have a recording it will help my case so much as they failed in so many ways to comply with the regulations when selling a PPi.

i.e

never told opptional.....never told could cancel....never told PPi unsuitable

ect ect..

spoke to FSA today was told as complaint is with FOS they would informed of this compaint by the FOS.

Spoke to black horse this morning asked why they still have not cancelled my PPi as requested and was told YOU NEVER ASKED:o so i pointed out in all my letter i have sent since 16th October have requested this and you even replyed in a letter dated 25th october that yo would cancel the PPi as from 16th october:roll: the chap then said why do you want to cancel it :shock: o my god are they dence or what.....

i said i would like any refund due paid by cheque or direct in to my personal account, he then said he did'nt think there would be any refund........:evil: What £5,462.17 not including interest of PPi over 18mths and no refund that would mean i woul have been paying £303.44 per month for a PPi that is not even any good.

He then asked why was i going to cancel it as my PPi was in dispute:shock:

well he said he would ring me back today to tell me that it is canceled but was not willing to give any rebate figures over the phone ( thought he said no rebate expected)

O my time to sit down :shock: and have a glass of even as early as it is, they are robbers working under the name of blackhorse how do they get away with it.

Hi Lou just been catching up with your thread so much has happened in the last few days...

The FSA make it sound easy listing all the reasons there are to being mis sold but actually getting the loan company involved to admitting is far more difficult than they think.

There is no question you where mis sold I'm not sure how difficult it will be going through the courts regarding PPI it would be nice to know who has done it and have they won?

As the FOS are taking on your complaint I would personally stick with them however it will be a long drawn out process but it will be out your hands and less stressful and beside you are one of the lucky ones whereas the FOS can take on your complaint as anything before i think 2005 isn't covered by them. Its a bit misleading really. If it doesn't go your way with the FOS then you can always take court action after but lets not think like that. The way the FOS seem to work as I had a problom with a mis sold endowment is having proof. We all need to get our thinking caps on and perhaps get another letter off to the FOS listing every little detail you can think of and gather proof even if you have any documents where you have made hand written notes refering to what you have been told this is still evidents.

It is a difficult decision for you but there is lots of good advice on here but its your choice....

*PPI claims are covered with the FOS if you purchased ppi before January 2005 these are covered by the FSA latest rules. However if claiming from a bank or building society before Jan 2005 it is likely that they will be covered by previous regime of rules and therefore the FOS may consider these complaints. If you took PPI after Jan 2005 your claim is covered by the latest rules.

Just got phone call from the robbers they said they have canceled my PPI and to inform me that we will have no cover on our loan as from today( didnt have it any way)..... and that any refund due has to be taken of our loan as they will not give it to us in a form of personal cheque as we have not had this money loaned to us and if they did this it would put us in arrears i laughed and told him to make sure we receive this cheque written out to us.

Told me i was wrong and that they could't request this any ideas anyone as i thought this money belongs to me. I said to them well its my choose as its either have the loan run for a shorter time or carry on paying the same amount over the same time if they give me the money.

With my refund (which I still haven't got yet) I had to have the ppi deducted from the loan and then if there was any balance left this would be refunded in a cheque so it cleared my loan which I still had a year left running and made me £150.00 per month better off so I was quite happy about that.

Not sure about that one it should be your choice as its your money but perhaps HHNF will know? The FSA must have guidance on cancelled PPI policys..

With my refund (which I still haven't got yet) I had to have the ppi deducted from the loan and then if there was any balance left this would be refunded in a cheque so it cleared my loan which I still had a year left running and made me £150.00 per month better off so I was quite happy about that.

Not sure about that one it should be your choice as its your money but perhaps HHNF will know? The FSA must have guidance on cancelled PPI policys..

Yer have sent her a message will wait for her to reply bless her bet she is at work helping all the mums to be:roll: then she finds time to help us must ware a halo.........

Hi, I'm doing a bit of digging around on this topic, but have not yet found anyone who can give me a definative answer.

I sent an email to the FOS today and should get something from them shortly, I'll let you know what they say.

I would like to think that, if proved to be a mis-sold policy, then the client should receive a refund in the form of a cheque. However, as we all know with bank charge cases the banks often exercised their legal right of set-off and in many cases reduced an outstanding debt as opposed to sending a cheque (this was usually when account was in default). As the PPI is "attached" to a loan I wonder if there is some small print somewhere that allows the insurance co to off-set as opposed to shell-out!

I personally think it is very important to find this out asap otherwise there might be alot of disappointed claimants out there!

I'll keep you posted.

Hi, I'm doing a bit of digging around on this topic, but have not yet found anyone who can give me a definative answer.

I sent an email to the FOS today and should get something from them shortly, I'll let you know what they say.

I would like to think that, if proved to be a mis-sold policy, then the client should receive a refund in the form of a cheque. However, as we all know with bank charge cases the banks often exercised their legal right of set-off and in many cases reduced an outstanding debt as opposed to sending a cheque (this was usually when account was in default). As the PPI is "attached" to a loan I wonder if there is some small print somewhere that allows the insurance co to off-set as opposed to shell-out!

I personally think it is very important to find this out asap otherwise there might be alot of disappointed claimants out there!

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for your help :)