went to ticket hearing need help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi there

i recieved a ticket in wanstead high street a while back and appealed on the following grounds,,

1/the yellow line directly in front of my parked van had a 2 metre stretch missing

2/ the closest signs telling you of the restrictions where at least 30-40 yards in either direction to where i parked with the signs on my side prior to me parking were as follows

no parking 8.30-10.30....then section saying...(30 yards away)

no loading 7.30am to 6.30 pm (20 yards away) then

a bus stop ....then

i parked....then

next sign approx 30-40 yards away

i went to tribunal as wanstead council disagreed with my appeal,and stated my case ,,the case has been put on hold to allow wanstead council to provide more details re,signage

i feel that the barrister is a bit pro council as i provided video proof of the above facts and she gave me the impression that reguardless of the defective lines ,bad signage etc if you park on a yellow you deserve a ticket! well thats my opinion anyway,

anyone know the exact laws on lines etc i thought that if the lines are improperly maintained that the ticket could not be inforced,the barrister says other-wise,also the council does not have the wardens notes,is this a relevent issue?

all help appreciated jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY

Adjudicator may have given you that impression but IME they are totally humourless people and do so to demonstrate total impartiality. ie Had the council been there they would have been just as hard on them.

Someone better qualified than me will give you chapter and verse on the lines and signage. I do know that you can no longer rely on short sections of worn out/absent lines if a reasonable person would have known that a line was meant to exist. Asbent signs where required are another matter and will be fatal to the councils case.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

many thanks i think i might be lucky on the signs issue as they are difficult to understand jezzy

R.B.S Mastercard £7,189.00 written off default removed

NatWest Goldcard

Natwest business account

Natwest joint personal

B&Q Trade account

Debenhams store card

leeds mortgage

Nationwide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IF YOU HAVE FOUND MY ADVICE HELPFULL PLEASE CLICK ON MY SCALES, ALL ADVICE IS GIVEN IN GOOD FAITH AND IS MY OPINION ONLY