Nb Vs Hsbc

chrisc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well this is my first attempt at claiming these unfair charges so it's me against HSBC with the support and advice of CAG.

I sent off for 6 years worth of statements and they sent me them in about 35 envoelopes, but they waivered the £10 Charges. So adding everything up they owe me over £1500 without interest.

I sent the Preliminary action letter on the 12th June by recorded delivery which was received on the 13th. So its now 13 days later and I've not heard a thing, not even a basic letter to say we have received your complaint.

So tomorrow I intend to send the LBA. Lets hope they acknowledge this one. Fingers crossed.

Thanks Crusher, So far I have sent everything recorded delivery. Much safer that way.

However before I could send LBA I received a standard letter from HSBC saying that they will settle for 70% of original value as a final payment.

Now generally the instructions say to reject this and stay on plan and issue LBA. However on some threads I have read about writing a letter accepting this amount but saying that they will still be going for the full amount. Does anyone have any views on this or wording for this letter. Which is the best course of action.

I would suggest:

Dear Mr Banker

Thank you for your offer of £xxx.xx as part settlement of my claim.

Your offer is not satisfactory, although I am prepared to accept this sum, unconditionally, in part-settlement of my FULL claim of £yyy.yy.

I shall continue to proceed with my action to recover the remainder of my claim.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got my reply to the part settlement letter, but it wasn't the one I was looking for. It would seem HSBC have changed their mind on a quick settlement with me.

I was claiming for £1573.50 for charges and £391.07 in Overdraft Interest as calculated by Vampress's spreadsheet. HSBC offer me 70% of charges.

This was their reply.

"Thank-you for your letter regarding your charges of £1964.57.

The bank does not agree with your contention that the bank charges that have been imposed constitute a penatly and are therefore unenforceable. In respect of Overdarft I refer you to specifically to clause 7.11 ... Blah, Blah.

our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published price list ... Blah, Blah.

Whilst I accept this letter will not provide the response that you hoped for, Iturst I have been able to clarify the bak's position. If you are not satisfied with the banks response you should now refer your complaint to the financial Ombudsman Service, as this represents our final response on this matter."

No I'm not happy with the banks reply.

So whats my next move do I send the LBA to the bank and carry on, Please help.

Also what is this Ombudsman Service?

This is so nerve racking and gut wrenching.

They have shown their hand - The banks position is to not accept liability, therefore you must now MCOL them, then the ball will begin to roll and u will get the cash. Dont worry about the ombudsman, it is a waste of time going through this route. MCOL is now youre path.Dont forget to claim your court fee too and 8 % interest. HSBC - you are money grabbing Gnomes, and you know it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advise.

Unfortutnatley have not been able to submit the MCOL until today as have been in hospital. But today is the day that I get tough with HSBC.

One question. The information on the site says to include a breakdown of charges with the claim. How do you do this on the MCOL website?

Ok, Found an answer to my question on another thread. Only need to submit the schedule if DG solicitors requests it.

I have submitted my claim yesterday, total is for £2530.50.

Look out HSBC here is claim 6QZ54630. Now to prepare for court, any advise.

Hi,

Well done for going for it. I went after charges with HSBC and after a bit of toing and throwing guess what... they paid up. They are just calling your bluff. I assure you they will not go through with the court action. The cash will soon be in your bank, they do not want these cases to go to court.

I called HSBC after sending the LBA and was told they have been inundated with demands for bank charges to be refunded and have had to open a new department to deal with all the requests. He said this is why things were not happening as quickly due to staff in department unsure of exact processes and volume of mail they are backed up.

My response... GOOD!!!! They send these standard BOG off letters to try and get you to give up.

GOODLUCK and well done!!!

17th august 06-claimed back 725.00 from HSBC in full (personal account)

28th august -just added up over 19,000 in business charges with husbands HSBC account! ABOUT TO START PROCESS OF RECLAIMING MONIES.

• 2 weeks later...

good luck

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

congrats! well done!! enjoy spending it!

xxx

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost