BT Payment Charges

sharhyste

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi , I have just recieved my phone bill today (line rental only) and there is a payment charge of £4.50 , this is catogorized as a payment processing fee! can anyone tell me if this is something new as I can't find my last bill to check. If this is new it seems a bit steep :eek:

Thanks She

Call BT and ask them what the hell it is.

Normally it can be for payment by card.. but more over for not having a direct debit, or some othre phoney charge. I hate BT

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Yup - and OFCOM are currently looking into whether BT (and others) are allowed to levy this charge based on how the consumer intends to pay. No idea as to when their report is due. If you plan to challenge them, be prepared for service disruption. As an alternative, why not write to them disputing their right to levy the charge and advise should they not refund you voluntarily, you will seek a full bill rebate, plus interest following OFCOMs positive action on the matter.

Hi all, thanks for your replies:-)

Thanks for the advice Buzby, funnily after I posted yesterday I recieved a courtesty call (or rather a " how do we tempt you back to BT call " as I only have line rental with them), I asked the person calling me about this charge? ie asking them how the charge was broken down to justify what it actually covered, eventually I was handed over to a Supervisor as the operator could not answer my question. Guess what! niether could the Supervisor, just kept repeating that it was because I did not pay by DD, when I asked who could provide me with a breakdown of the charge I was advised to call the billing dept. As you state, of course they have the upper hand as any challenge will result in a disruption to service. Will be watching this one to see results of the OFFCOM report as and when available as this is just another a form of legalized robbery :x

Will also put pen to paper as you advised- Thanks

• 4 months later...