Car Accident - Adive wanted

hth4rte

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My hubby bumped a car while reversin out of space in wrk and hits a car. Hubby gave the guy his details and didnt get guys details. the guy said they wrk in the same place so just to do a cash in hand thing and the guy would take the car and get a quote and let hubby know how much.

its a dent in the guys bumper and a dent above our bumper on the back wing.

hubby couldnt speak to the guy yesterday as they were both busy. letter comes this mornin stating that the guy has reported hubby 4 the bump and that dh didnt give him ne of his details!!!

we still dont have ne of the guys details as it is!

plus he was the 1 that said to dh that they will do cash in hand and not go threw insurance!!!!

i feel like fonin the guys insurance and sayin that hubby did give his details as the guy foned on monday to doulbe check them and if nething their client hasnt given us ne of his details!

hubby hasnt foned his insurance yet as we dont have ne of the guys details to give them.

ne advice on what we can do now?

:-?

Sorry to hear about this situation. TBH, it is usually best to go through your insurance anyway, especially as it seems the guy your husband hit is not as honest as perhaps anticipated! There is nothing to stop him from saying the cost to repair the vehicle is thousands of pounds & trying to rip you off!

The best thing to do is to get the registration plate of the vehicle your husband hit - I presume he still parks it in the car park? Then call your insurers, report the incident, if you give them the registration details they will be able to trace the vehicle & subsequently his insurance details anyway. As he has reported the incident to his insurers, your insurers should be able to trace the claim. As it was your husbands fault, you will have to pay the policy excess & your insurers will have to pay to have the third parties car repaired. It is a shame this couldn't be done on a private basis as you would've saved yourself the excess, but it is obvious this guy went home & thought "hang on a minute, this isn't going to cost me a penny to claim on my insurance, so why not?!". His premiums won't go up as a result of this claim as it is non-fault, however unless your No Claims Bonus is protected, you will lose all or part of this. It is unfortunate but it would cost you alot more without insurance & this is what insurance is there for.

The fact that he lied & said your husband didn't give him his details is a bit dishonest (although he clearly did give him his details as he gave them to his insurers to enable them to write to you!) but this doesn't unfortunately alter the fact that it was your husband fault & he has every right to go through his motor insurers rather than on a private basis.

Sorry I couldn't give you better news!