Virgin Media. Don't even bother with them.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello.

On August the 13th 2007 I made the worst decision in a long time. I had virgin media installed.

Within the 1st 10minutes of the engineer leaving the problems began.

The T.V package was ok. The 20meg Broadband and our telephone with existing number didnt exist.

The installation CD we were given to install on P.C just did not run. The Broadband took 24hours to connect and the worst thing was was that we were downloading slower than 56K dial up. out telephone number we had with BT hadn't been trasported over (the engineer hadn't been told to transport and was the 1st thing he had known about it as it wasnt down on his sheet!!!) we were given an Virgin Media number which I refused and told them to import the BT number. it took them 1month to do. The Broadband however was running at below 56k for around three weeks.

My husband and I phoned and phoned and phoned day in and day out to get our problems sorted. 25p a minute calls to Pakistan still hadn't solved our broadband service I telephoned customer care to complain about the poor overseas service and that 3 weeks on I still didnt have what I wanted. The errrrr errrrrrmm not so polite customer service represent had called ME an IDIOT (unlucky for her it was a recorded convosation) because she had said that there was clearly something wrong with my P.C.

Anyway Husband called the cancellations line because quite frankly we had had ENOUGH! On that line we spoke to a manager who had convinced us to stay by upgrading us to the XL t.v package for 6months and free movies for 3 months which I have to say I haven't even watched.

Our package that we signed up for is Large T.V anytime telephone and 20meg Broadband all for £37 a month. but bizzarley we cannot have what we were sold for that price, our bills each month are £60 plus......

I just simply cannot work this out. we have foned and foned but to be told that we cannot have the deal that we had been sold.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks lisa. P.S the next bill is for £74.30.

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Hi Lisa,

sorry to hear about your Virgin problems, you are not alone!!!

To get the absolutely definitive answer to your payment queries, how about a nice letter to customer services (as even though you are recording calls, you will be able to get your points accross without abuse from call centres!).

Will post addy in next mail.

I had v+ installed (incorrectly, rec'd basic box), it didnt work and the engineers did not return to check installation. Complained, then the call out we requested cancelled, so problem of non viewing still there, so told them to collect the box. Which in fairness they did. We also were credited the 090 tel. no. call charges to their broadband help line, as the "idiot" at virgin call centre cancelled our b/band when all we wanted to do was to cancel the v+ which they had messed up!!!!!!

Any way have b/band and tel for £22 per month, and enjoying Sky again!!!

Red

Hi I think that was meant for a different post? I didnt ask for the v+ offer!! or neither was I one of the 500th customers. And I didn't do a 30/40 quid deal either lol. errrr confusion has set in.

Regards Lisa

[COLOR=royalblue]Halifax......WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Nationwide...WON 16/7/07 :D [/COLOR] [CENTER][URL="http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/sections187and45/"][B][SIZE=4]Please sign this Downing Street petition on Bank Charges and Benefits[/SIZE][/B][/URL][/CENTER]

Oh yes sorry, I see what u mean now just generalising the service.

I just havent got any idea on whats going on with them at the moment. I think I am going to fone and cancel the lot. I havent returned the contract to them yet.

Regards Lisa

Lisa , i have now edited, and relevant parts on posting. Really sorry, typing without looking!.

Any way , I think that you are owed an explination from Virgin regarding their "offers" in relation to what you are being charged.

Have you signed up for e-billing? Thats where I learned what the extra chrages on my account were for, as customer services never seem to answer the phone. We waited for a total of 2 hours last week before we spoke to anyone. :(

• 2 weeks later...

YEP i got that treatment, and abuse, so i package everything up and sent the whole lot recorded delivery to RICHARD BRANSONS home address with a CD of all the telephone calls.

I WAS SPITTING BLOOD WITH RAGE.

Week later had a call from RETENTIONS begging, please said a quite voice, i will give you 25.00 compensation, this free that free, oh and also the other free.

They are crap.!

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer