• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dazed n confused **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry Barracad!!! :confused:

Claim totals £3473.90 worked it out to be 76p daily £rate

is that about right?

Just read another thread (Kane v lloyds). S/he is doing moneyclaim form and asked which address to use, B'ham or local branch? Mjanet says 'local branch'. Am totally confused now as to which one to use.

You can use either , we say local branch as if it comes to it its more fun watching the bailiffs walk in and also the publicity , unless you want a trek to Birmingham :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there's a thought. Mind you, i'd walk to the other end of the country to watch a bailiff walk in and demand my money back. They're scary buggers!!!!! lol

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

quick update

filled out moneyclaim form and patiently waited for payday to submit form. Unfortunately, they won't accept my payment card, so gotta delay for another 4 days while i clear some funds on my credit card :mad:

Never mind, good things come to those who wait.

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

Aftanoon peeps

Well, that's me done. i just hit the submit button and away we go.

Claim filed today, will pm one of the mods with details

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

Hi MoltonBrownQueen!

I'm totally new to all this and have been reading this thread with great interest as your situation sounds very similar to mine. Look forward to seeing how your case works out.

I need to get thinking about how to start this ball rolling too - LTSB have charged me over £1000 in the last 12 months alone! :evil:

GOOD LUCK with yours ;)

aftanoon all,

i've been on my hols, and was eagerly anticipating my post when i got home. never thought i'd say that!!!! So, here's an update:-

Rec'd acknowledgement of service, and guess what?.... they intend to defend. No surprise there then.

onwards and upwards then.

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

Looks like you're nearly there :D

Keep it going!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

am i living in parallel universes?

the weeks seem to fly by, only 12 weeks til christmas, but waiting for lloyds to file their defense or default is taking FOREVER!!!!!!!

Roll on Thursday ;)

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

I'm gutted!!!! i really wanted them to miss the deadline so i could 'push the button' on MCOL.

Instead i rec'd their defence this morning in the post with the AQ. I've now got til 15th October to return it to court. Good job too, coz this wknd is taken up with my baby going off to uni. Will make sure i read as many threads/filed AQ's before i attempt to complete it.

On this point, i would like to thank all those who take the time to divulge the particulars of claim, it is so helpful to those of us who question our confidence when the time comes.

Regards :-)

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, quick update.

filled out my AQ, all present and correct (i think) so must wait patiently for Thursday (payday and day off) then it's 'off to court i go' and file the bugger!!!!

Nearly there :rolleyes:

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

hi all, i've been away from my pc for a while, so here's the story so far.

filed my AQ at court on Thursday 12th oct. apparently, the AQ from the other side has not been rec'd yet. Nice lady told me that if thiers had not been rec'd by l5/16th ish, then the judge will give them (or not) a few extra days. If that time passes then it goes before the judge for decision.

This'l make you giggle. While waiting at the desk, one of the court ladies was having a conversation with another across the desks. "I can't believe how many people are taking their banks to court!" she says. "I can" i said!!!! lol.

Makes a pleasant change to wait in anticipation for the post.

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

aftanoon all

got a letter from SCM, with a copy of their AQ, in which they have asked for 1 month to attempt to reach settlement. Yeah, rite!!!!! we all know what that means.

Anyway, whats to do next. Do i wait to hear from the court? Should i make contact with them? or just wait?!?!

They have asked me to acknowledge safe receipt of letter, should i put anything else in with the letter?

Evrything has gone totally as i was expecting from reading other threads, but would appreciate a little moral massage, LOL.

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

sent my copy of AQ back to SCM, with a little note something like "as you have asked for an extra month in which to achieve settlement, i expect to hear from you in the very near future"

Of course, that was days ago and still nothing.

Hoping to hear from them very soon now, as my tumble dryer went BANG this morning!!!!!!

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

hi molton brownqueen

I dont know if you remember me but you left a message in my thread saying that we were both practically at the same stage! anyway we are my AQ was submitted on the 14th oct and have rang the court twice too see if the judge has set a date yet..but as of yet no date (xmas round the corner) sweat sweat:mad:. Anyway what court are you dealing with and have they advised you with any date as of yet? im dealing with one in stratford east london, they must be really busy with summonses!

anyway best of luck will keep you informed of any developements..

Whufc77

FACUP FINALISTS 06:D !

abbey- (the last fish to fry!)

lloyds tsb- £2458-lba sent 20/7/06

Barclaycard-£580, request sent 20/7/06

Tesco Finance -awaiting statements, !every little helps! 20/7/06

i'm really cheesed off now!!!!!!

After weeks of waiting patiently, as advised, i decided to phone the court this morning to check the status of my claim. And guess what?

THEY'VE LOST MY BLOODY PAPERS

Oh yes, she says, they should have gone before the judge as soon as we received the AQ from defendant, but we can't seem to locate your file.

I'm FUMING to say the least. I was about to leave the house anyway to go see the bank manager (waste of time that was) so i told the lady i would pop in to see what was what. Luckily,i had the presence of mind to grab a handful of paperwork, so when i got to court she was able to take photo copies of both AQ's, and original (N149?) so she could make a dummy file up. 'I'll put it in the urgent tray, so it'll be looked at on monday' she says. Oh, ok thanx, but what date am i looking at now, i asked? 'About may time' MAY!!! BLOODY MAY!!!! For someone else's mistake!!! $%*&*^%$

So, what i would like to know is this. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW????

Should i phone SCM and try to jolly things alongs direct, or would that do more harm than good? I'm definately going to write to the court manager expressing my absolute disgust regarding my lost file!

i didn't have much luck with the bank either, so all in all i've had a really ****e day! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

oh yeah, WHUFC, of course i remember you. I'm with Maidstone court, but i hope you're having better luck than me.

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

would appreciate any comments on this please.

Claim No. ******* Myself V LloydsTSB

I write in connection to my claim which was filed on 26th Sept 2006, and the subsequent Allocation Questionnaire

filed in this court on 12th October 2006.

Today, 16th Nov, i telephoned the court to check the status of my claim, as i had heard nothing from either the

court or the Defendant's solicitor. The lady i spoke to was having some trouble locating my file and offered to

call me back later. However, i was about to leave for an appointment, and told her i would call into the court

later to find out. Luckily, i had the presence of mind to pick up some of the appropriate paperwork to take with

me, which proved very useful, as i was informed at the court that my file has been 'mislaid'. I was able to

provide enough papers to make a 'dummy file' which the lady assured me would be put in the urgent tray, to be

looked at on Monday.

I am outraged at this situation, as this case which should, by now, be almost at conclusion, will probably not be

given a hearing date until April/May 2007. The Defendant's solicitors, Sechari, Clark and Mitchell, are taking all

the bank charges claims fully 'to the wire' and completely abusing the courts time as it is, and your staff have

now contributed possibly another 6 months delay to this case.

I consider this to be a disgraceful lack of due care on the part of your staff. Although i appreciate that the

court system is overwhelmed with claims of this nature, it in no way defers from the point that I have paid £220.00

inorder utilise the services of the court to recover monies owed to myself, yet i am no nearer to its conclusion

than i was 2 months ago.

I would, therefore, request if not demand, that you bring this situation to the attention of the District Judge

who will be dealing with my claim, and respectfully ask that instead of setting a court date for some time in the

New Year, my claim be dealt with as a matter of priority and direct the Defendant's solicitors to offer settlement

forthwith and without delay. As has been demonstrated by hundreds of previous cases of this kind, no bank has, as

yet, stepped foot inside a courtroom to contest these claims but will usually wait until the 11th hour before

offering settlement.

I would also appreciate your comments as to how this oversight has occured.

Yours faithfully

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

MBQ, OMG I'm not surprised you're angry......that's disgraceful.

Your letter's good.....

I think I'd be inclined to put the pressure on SCM and fax them, I know I keep going on about faxing but it's quicker and you can follow it up with a phone call the next day.

Lloyds seem to be settling this week in abundance so fingers crossed for you mate

x

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

• 2 weeks later...

hi all.

I've been away for some time, got a little despondant over this court business. But had a family wedding to see to, which went very well and took my mind off things for a while.

Arrived home from Burton to a nice pile of letters, including two from the court.

I've been given a date for my hearing on 10th JANUARY. Result eh!

Thanx, freebird, i'm off for the rest of the week, so i mite just be giving SCM a tinkle!!!!

I'm looking forward to the protest on friday, especially now i've got my fighting spirit back. See ya all there!

Regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

• 2 weeks later...

quick update.

am preparing court bundle to hand into court on thursday, coz just realised that due to xmas closing, my 14 days before doesn't give me a lot of time!!!

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

well, what can i say!?

i've read the guidance notes, successful threads, and then more notes and now my head is swimming. i'm unsure and doubt my ability to be confident in what i say. i've practiced the logic, and it makes perfect sense to me, but what will happen in front of the judge. tongue tied. probably!

the fighting spirit in me wants to say 'yes! bring it on, i'm ready' but the reality is more like 'please don't make me go in there'

i've printed off the court bundle, but have i done it right? what paragraphs are relevant to me? it's so full of jargon and 'six words that mean one' that i could be printing the script from my little pony in japanese for all i know!

i'm dead scared of going to court. i can't help feeling that i'm the one they'l make an example of.

enuf for now, i'l pack my doubts in my handbag and hang it on the back of the kitchen door and just take what stuff i have to the court and hope it's right. christmas closing is not on my side coz although my date is 10th jan, i've gotta have the papers in by 20th dec because they're closed over xmas.

here's hoping :confused:

regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One

I don't know if it helps but a few years ago I went to our local court and in the room was just, the judge ( guy in a suit) me and the defendant.

The judge is well versed and knows the gist of it all and directs you......

You're given a chance to state your case, the defense is given a chance to state their defense. Now I know that this sounds simplistic and in no way do I want to make it sound easy, cos it's daunting for all of us, but you have to believe in yourself and know that you are right and only getting back what is rightfully yours. You are not defending anything !

Good luck and Happy Christmas by the way

Freebird xx

1/6/06 request charges

16/6/06 received charges

18/6/06 first request for refund

3/7/06 "No" letter from bank

13/7/06 LBA

7/08/06 handed claim to court

10/8/06 court stamped as date of issue

24/8/06 deemed to be served

25/8/06 Sechiari filed acknowledgement of service

6/9/06 defence served

9/9/06 copy of defence and AQ received by me

25/9/06 deadline for AQ submission

25/9/06 call Sechiari confirm safe receipt of my AQ

26/9/06 received copy AQ from Sechiari

29/9/06 letter to SCM to say "you want 1 month to settle, so settle"

18/10/06 after "strained communications"and how !

verbal offer of full settlement with conditions

communications rejecting conditions from me

5/11/06 received letter offering settlement with conditions

7/11/06 sent fax rejecting conditions etc

14/11/06 unconditional settlement in bank and how !;)

Hi

It's easy for me to say, but please don't worry about going to Court, they are sure to settle before then. I was the same, thought it would be me that would be the first one in court. Enjoy your Christmas (put the court business out of your mind if you can), and you will have a very happy New Year with your settlement :)

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

I completely agree with all that Barty and Freebird say. However in a further attempt to try and alleviate some of your fears - If lloyds are following the directions, they too will have to prepare a bundle of documents supporting their defence and file them at court. Included in which ought to be their charging schedule etc (which by reading this site I understand they never exchange documents ) when you get their documents (unlikely from my reading here) you will be greatly inspired to go to court.

As a litigant in person, the court/DJ will bend over backwards to make sure get a fair hearing (providing you appear fairly organised and are respectful in your manner) and remember in this case, you are on the side of the angels

Finally, should you actually receive any documents from them showing their charging stucture, no doubt you will tell people on this site and i imagine they will flock to comment on the documents Lloyds disclose - having never seen them before.

You are not alone

Regards

Paula

many, many thanks for your kind words of support all of you.

once i got my head round it a bit, it all seemed to come together and then i put the bundle together and made not a bad job of it, in the end!!!!

the fact that my printer had gone Pete Tong, and i was a day late with the papers is now irrelevant. 7 squids in photocopies at the library, and a nice 'pleading insanity' phonecall to the court got those sorted. But they are there now, can't do anything til Jan 10th, so no point stressing about it til the 9th!

Will keep you updated, especially if the banks DO send me a breakdown of their charges (lol).

Have a lovely christmas everyone, may peace be yours now, and a healthy bank balance eventually.

sincere regards

Lloyds TSB

Cap One