How can I stop next doors cat.....erm.....messing in my garden?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

;) I know where to get a great product!;)

;) (If you're interested in getting it, send me a PM! ;-))

These indicate a joke: -----> ;)

PS: I also advised that FL might want to hire a lion or tiger from his local zoo, anyone worried about that? :rolleyes:

I tried the pepper around my front garden years ago.... Well I say pepper. I had run out so thought I'd use curry powder instead. It kept the cats out but, my garden smelt like an Indian Takeaway for weeks. After that I bought a German Shepherd dog. That sorted the cats out.

I've also heared that plastic bottles full of water placed about the garden works but I've never tried it.

Empty 2ltr coke bottle with the paper removed, full of water.

Trust me, it works.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Pepper. Mint, as long as it is controlled. Bottle of water. Also check the gardening books for anothe plant they hate. A notice politely asking them to s*** in someone elses garden. A gun, or if too drastic get a dog or another cat. But,....if you are not an lover of animals, then........MOVE.

Joking aside, whether they bury it, or leave it on the pebbles, it's both smelly and unpleasant. I have little beds of pebbles with various shrubs growing out of them, the shrubs have been allowed to grow at will and extended upwards and downwards, the other day was time to clip the shrubs back. Bottom branches really were at the bottom, once these were cut back, it was time to scoop up the dead leaves, as these were on stones, this had to be done by hand. As I am not a 'Wuss', no gloves were used, grab a handful of leaves, feels funny, is it a slug, no it was cat s***, knew who the culprit was, the next door neighbours, the neighbour on the other side, has a cat who buries it, so one cat buries it, the other just leaves it on the stones. Luckily I have no flower beds so avoid being caught out by the other cat, but, and here is the rub, how can you say anything to your neighbour, have tried saying something in the past and was accused of being bias as it could have been any cat. My answer was to get a big, heavily scarred Tom who even put the dogs To flight, but that's another story. Just think yourself lucky it's only cat s*** you could have been invaded by moles like Jasper Carrott!

1457R-110.jpg

I can allways send the boys round.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

And if they are busy, i can get them to drop you a line.

That should work.

Grable_med.jpg

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Are you bothered by cats coming into your garden and doing their business, scaring your birds away, or getting up to other mischief? Here is a list of 30 deterrents you could try:

1. If a Tom starts to mark his new territory you could mark over it yourself although it may surprise the neighbours!

2. You can buy repellent pellets from garden centres that smell like citrus fruits, which apparently cats don't like.

3. Or you could use the real thing lemon or citrus peels work for a bit but you have to keep replacing them every three or four days. Not good for a big space unless you really really like lemonade.

4. You could try planting Coleus Canina which emits a foul odour when a cat rubs itself against it, but I'd imagine you'd have to cover quite a large area (depending on the size of your garden) for it to be effective.

5. Lion dung is said to keep them out but it may smell even worse than cats poo, but it's good for the roses.

6. Small sticks pushed into the ground so that approximately six to 12 inches are sticking out of the ground like spikes. They must be close enough together to prevent cats snuggling their bottoms down between them to poo.

7. Get a dog.

8. Some say Jeyes disinfectant fluid around the edges of the garden works but the fluid is actually quite poisonous to cats and will kill them in fairly small amounts.

9. Spray water at them, not from a hose, from one of those spray bottles from a garden centre or use or a super-soaking water gun for cats further away.

10. I have heard that they don't like garlic.

11. A friend suggested moth balls worked for her.

12. Sprinkle black pepper & chilli around the garden, harmless to animals but an effective deterrent apparently.

13. Getting a cat yourself often works. Its very unusual for a cat to poop in its own garden, and other cats won't really come near another cats area, unless it likes them, and then it wont poop 'cos it respects the area!

14. Catch the cat and rub its nose in it (not so it smudges all over the cat, just near it) then put the cat in next doors garden, or wherever you wish it to poop from now on.

15. You can buy some pet repellent spray from the DIY stores. It is harmless to animals and children.

16. Solid toilet blocks (used in public loos usually) crumbled around.

17. Scatter citrus peel (oranges & lemons) around the garden.

18. Place pine cones around near garden borders.

19. Plant geraniums, marigolds and petunias, cats apparently dislike those plants.

20. Grow spiky plants near areas you want to keep cats away from.

21. Ask local cat owners to provide an inside litter tray for their cats to discourage outside toileting.

22. Or if the cat owner doesn't want/can't have inside trays...Ask them to dig a pit in their garden, several feet deep and 2 foot square and fill with peat. Then all that is needed is for this outside toilet to be dug over frequently.

23. If you have bare soil cover it with gravel or slate chippings etc, it will discourage digging.

24. Keep your lawn short. If you let your lawn get to 3" ish high, they will poo in it and not bury it.

25. Place a small length of hosepipe in amongst your plants, cats and birds don't like snakes!

26. Invest in a bag of coffee (grounds), and spread around the garden.

27. Plant some lavender. It works for some and smells divine and for some reason the cats hate it.

28. Olbas oil (the one you put on pillows for blocked noses) works pretty well.

29. Water 'Scarecrow' that squirts water at things it detects moving, including you!

30. If all the foregoing makes you despair then go the high-tech route and buy yourself an ultrasonic cat repeller.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Lion or tiger dung.

Contact your nearest zoo for supplies.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Most don't work - I've tried it as got 6 of my own, citrus just lick it, cactus type things just cr*p in them - got a cactus garden in the house, gravel just an easy hole to dig, lavender got loads in garden, huh!, short lawn dogs poo in that lol, so dogs don't work, pepper neither - 1st one could prove interesting with a trip doen to the local police station:D

Nothing against Cats, honest, but how can I stop them using my garden as communal litter tray?:mad: It's not the easiest smell to get rid of!

Humane suggestions only please!:)

Shoot the cats!

I class that as a humane suggestion as:

a) the cats don't belong to you

b) anything that pees/poops on your doorstep isn't humane anyway

Bring it on! :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

I have every sympathy, however, as a cat owner and a hater of cat poo, I have two litter trays and sometimes they STILL go elsewhere, i.e. my neighbour next door, he is anal about his lawn and my biggest cat has been known to crap right in the middle of his lawn, personally, i think he does it for devilment, he bought one of those sonic cat repellents, it didnt work and it drove me mad because I could hear it ;)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed