Barclays Repo

chipbeck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Been advised to post on here.

I have a stayed case against Barclays for 3.5k. I know I can't do anything about it and should probably have accepted the 1.8k they offered in July. Anyway I'm 2k behind on a secured loan with them and they are taking me to court for a reposession order in November. Can I not barter or use the fact that I am already claiming off them to give me some leverage.

Hello there,

Are the charges you are reclaiming from the secured loan?

Have Barclays sent your their code of practice on how they help people with arrears? Have you tried to make an offer to clear the arrears over a reasonable period of time?

• Haha 1

Hello there,

Are the charges you are reclaiming from the secured loan?

Have Barclays sent your their code of practice on how they help people with arrears? Have you tried to make an offer to clear the arrears over a reasonable period of time?

Charges aren't on the secured loan they are on a joint account. Haven't even bothered with my personal account. I'm annoyed because I really am making an effort to sort my debts out but the banks do appear to be pretty heartless. I've moved to Lloyds but they have charged me 1.5 k in three months which hasn't helped.

I've cancelled all my DD's and am now trying to sort out all my priority debts.

Have you completed a personal budget? Do you know if you could afford the normal secured loan payment plus a little bit off the arrears each month?

Yes I have and yes I can pay a little extra.

Trouble is it's with Eversheds now so I don't know who I need to speak to.

well the first thing to do is have a go at filling in a financial statement and make an offer of the normal instalment + a little bit extra towards the arrears. if it does go to court then you have a great chance of having the possession order suspended providing you can prove to the court that you can afford the arrangement.

a secured loan is another name for a mortgage, take a look at this info and if you have any questions or need assistance please get in touch :)

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/pdf/self_help_pack/mortgage_arrears.pdf

Thanks sequenci but it already is at court. The letter fro Eversheds is 'NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT OF POSSESSION PROCEEDINGS' and I'm in court on the 8th of November.

I can now pay my monthly amount and I can give them a bit extra to catch up. I will also give them any money they return should they see fit to redeem some charges. I just don't know who I need to talk to.

Take a budget sheet to court with any supporting evidence that you can meet the payment + a bit towards the arrears. Ask for a Suspended Possession Order and make sure you mention the case of Cheltenham & Gloucester V Norgan as detailed within the link I provided in post #06 (it states a reasonable amount of time to clear the arrears could be the rest of the loan term)

Thanks again sequenci. I'll do as you say. To be honest I just want them off my back but as I mentioned in the first place I'd be in far less trouble had they not charged me so much in the first place. I'm going to try and set up an account with the co-op whereby I have no debit card and just pay everything each month. To be honest I see myself as a bit of a Delboy and can generally get through (out of pocket expenses) with a bit of wheeling and dealing an car booting. Hopefully should Barclays and hopefully Lloyds(£1500 in three months how can that be fair) come back with some or all of my charges I will be better off.

You've made me feel a bit better so cheers mate.

Sorry to butt in, Sequenci.

So will the Bank Charges Claim (Stayed) not be taken into a/c in the Nov'r proceedings because the outcome is not certain at this stage, even though cases are both with Barclays.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Sorry to butt in, Sequenci.

So will the Bank Charges Claim (Stayed) not be taken into a/c in the Nov'r proceedings because the outcome is not certain at this stage, even though cases are both with Barclays.

Slick

Thought I might metion that in court as it should have some bearing I would have thought.

As the bank charges are a seperated entity from the secured loan I would imagine the court wouldn't care much. That is just my opinion, however. It might be worth saying that the reason you couldn't afford the payments was becuase of the charges, a judge might consider it - it's a bit of a long shot though.

If you can show the court you can meet the contractual payment + something towards the arrears and you mention C&G v Norgan it is likely you will keep the property providing you submit evidence that you can afford the new agreement.

have you read the link I posted?

:rolleyes: Yes thanks sequenci. I should count myself lucky I watched Trevor Mcdonald last night and the poor buggers on there seemed to be far worse off than me.

Plus you got the obligatory cow from Barclays saying she couldn't see what all the fuss was about.