Stockport6 v Nationwide.

stockport6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am concerned now that i have done something wrong.

I have received an Acknowledgement of Service from Charles Bacon saying he intends to defend all of this claim. Is this a normal response. Also I no longer have my Nationwide account open as far as I know. Everybody on here talks about the charges being refunded to their account. As I do not have one will they send me a cheque or have I cocked up.

Thanks

We had the acknowledgement and a letter saying that a refund of charges was being made at about the same time. Don't panic, it's still pretty much in line with other claims

The acknowledgement stops a default judgement and most banks (including Nationwide) submit one but none have gone to court so far.

Good luck and keep us posted

Mine has been credited to the account but no notification by letter yet. :rolleyes:

I expect that they will send you a cheque....any day soon.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

When they paid me up, the money was put into my account, the account was closed, and the difference was paid by two cheques. one signed by Chas Bacon.

Dave.

PS When was the last time County scored 6?

PPS have photos of me in the tunnel at Edgeley with George Best

PPPS My rels live on High Lane

• 2 weeks later...

The bank have 28 days to file a defence from the date of service.

It is just a waiting game now.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Since Nationwide have acknowledged your claim they now have 28 days from the original date of service to file a defence which the court willsend you along with an allocation questionnaire.

So nothings wrong, there's nothing for you to do except wait.

Getting twitchy now. Nationwide have until 19th July before the 28 days is up. Should I ring to find out what they propose to do. Like I say I do not have a Nationwide account anymore so cannot check to see if the money have been refunded. Has anyone had anything back from Charles Bacon actually challenging the request to refund ?

Ian

I have just checked Moneyclaim and found this. is this what you mean about them sending the questionaire. It seems that everyone else just got refunded.

Claiming of Bank Charges

6QZ38382

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

Yes, it is being transferred to your local court who will send you their defence and an allocation questionnaire.

They'll be settling soon, just needs patience.

Thanks for the reply Michael. There is something you should know about me. I am the most unlucky person when it comes to things like this. If there was a queue for free money I would be the one where the last note is givem to the person in front of me. If there is a bonus going at work I will be 1 point away from being eligable or 1 day short of the required length of service. Never get behind me in a McDonalds queue as The person in front of me always orders 2500 happy meals for a party. That's why I have to keep checking that all is as it should be.

Now it has gone to the local court how long do they have to defend the case.

They have already submitted a defence. That's why you're getting a message on Moneyclaim saying they have submitted a defence.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello, I am Blacksheep and I have also just submitted a claim in the small claims court for £1484.31 from Nationwide.

My best advice is to not panick. Its all out of your hands now, the court process will go ahead and you will be given information on what to do, as and when you need to take action. If you find anything difficult to understand the court officials are very helpful and will explain all of your options to you. Make sure to keep on visiting this site for information and support. Remember its YOUR MONEY and you should have it back.

Very best wishes

Blacksheep

Thanks for the reply Michael. There is something you should know about me. I am the most unlucky person when it comes to things like this. If there was a queue for free money I would be the one where the last note is givem to the person in front of me. If there is a bonus going at work I will be 1 point away from being eligable or 1 day short of the required length of service. Never get behind me in a McDonalds queue as The person in front of me always orders 2500 happy meals for a party. That's why I have to keep checking that all is as it should be.

LOL, I feel exactly the same. When it comes to me eventually submitting a claim I reckon they are going to try and defend with all the powers they have, can see the headlines now....."First man to lose bank charges case!" :o

[/url]

Nationwide

Won

Capital One

Won

Citibank

Part win

GE Capital

Won

Exchange your council house for free.

www.UseMyPlace.com