PPI claim against London Mortgage Company (Matlock Bank)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I sent my first PPI letter of to LMC last Wednesday, basically I had a single premium policy on my loan to value of £4380, has anyone else had any dealings with LMC or Matlock Bank??

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed your post. I to have a loan with LMC sold to me by Central Trust

with single payment premium PPI of £3450. My loan was taken out in October 2003 so FOS can't help. Central Trust are not budging on this even though i have recording of sale where obvious lies have been told to secure sale. I will have to take court route but am nervous about this.

Hi there,

I have single premium PPI with my loan from LMC. This was sold through Loans.co.uk and I have already written to them for repayment but they are not budging. Ihave had a look at the FSA website and it lokks they are looking at single premium policies that do not cover the entire life of the loan. As my PPI only covers me for 3 years I think i will go down that route. I have just written to them for all DPA information including all transcripts of telephone conversations. If when i get all this information I will then go to the FSA.

Good luck all.

Keep me informed.

I'm having fun with this one - not.

LMC informed me to contact Independent Finance Corporation with this one as they were the broker.

They supplied me with the address - so I sent a recorded delivery letter which was returned as addressee has moved.

This of course is not correct, they have renamed themselves as Central Trust (Central Capital - whatever).

I'm sure if I sent them a settlement thay would accept mail as Independent Finance.

nicho1120 - do you have the letter - is there a template for sending asking for a copy of all transcripts etc...

Thanks

S.A.R. received 21/10/06

Prelim received 25/11/06

LBA received 12/12/06

Offer made by telephone 29/12/06 - upped then accepted.

Received offer and acceptance form 30/12/06.

Sent acceptance 02/01/07

Money in bank 09/01/07 :D :D :D

Gazza I addressed a letter to

David Mackay

Central Trust

3rd Floor

Austin House

Stannard Place

St Crispins Road

Norwich

Norfolk NR3 1PX

Asking for all data they hold and copy of the sales converstion. I received the copy of the conversation which confirmed they blatantly lied. Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter back from Loans.co.uk to say that they were the broker in this deal and not the loan provider. I dont undertsand this as the last letter they sent to me they mentioned that they had reviewed telephone conversations were I had completed a demands and needs and had agreed that I needed the PPI. Surely as part of the DPA request they should give me any information that they have on me. They have sent the postal order back and told me to write to London Mortgage. I want the transcripts of the phone calls that they had with me. What should I write back to them and say????

Got a letter back from Loans.co.uk to say that they were the broker in this deal and not the loan provider. I dont undertsand this as the last letter they sent to me they mentioned that they had reviewed telephone conversations were I had completed a demands and needs and had agreed that I needed the PPI. Surely as part of the Data Protection Act request they should give me any information that they have on me. They have sent the postal order back and told me to write to London Mortgage. I want the transcripts of the phone calls that they had with me. What should I write back to them and say????

Hello Nicho11,

These cases are truely not the easiest to deal with, because the all deny it was them. Loan co.uk will have been paid commission by the lender, so there will be a finger in the pie relationship here. One is as bad as the other. etc.

Did you know Loans co.uk were heavily fined by the FSA regarding their practices in mis-selling ppi. I will try to find the link for you.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/loanscouk.pdf

Under the Data Protection Act they have a legal duty to supply you with any information they hold about you. Send back your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request stating that you want the information that you have asked for, or you will report them to the Information Commissioners Office and the FSA and if you have to you will issue a N1 at the county court for their breach of the DPA to get it, plus compensation.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

hi gazza

just a quckie to say that i am having the same sort of trouble but with ocean finance, i took out 4 loans with them all with ppi, unfortunately the fos will only look at one of them.

i sent sar requests to all the loan companies and ocean and it was oceans results that gave the most information, they sold me the loan with the ppi so i firmly believe that these brokers should be the ones to cough up as they were the ones to sell the loans and earn some commission. as hell states these are definately not the easiest to sort out as no one will claim responsibility. i am going to post a thread on the legalities forum to see if anyone can shine a light on it there, i will let you know what feedback i get.

all the best and good luck

gemini x x