Halifax Bank Taking Standing Orders Early - AGAIN!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just popped across to my bank machine to check out the balance as my other half is going away for a week on a business trip. To my surprise they have, again, taken a £70 standing order out today (ON A SUNDAY) that was due to come out tomorrow (15th-it is set for the 15th). So I call the bank and get a load of rubbish about the company for whom the standing order was going to requested it on Friday. Very strange as I thought standing orders were controlled by the account holder and not the receipient. I was then told that in the terms and conditions (surprise surprise I cannot find them online) it states that the bank will take them on a day nearest to the specified day should it fall on a bank holiday or a weekend. Have a lost a day here or is the 15th tomorrow, a Monday. I spoke to 3 people who all gave me the same rubbish. This is not the first time this has happened and no doubt won't be the last. The reason it is set for the 15th as this is when my other half gets paid so the money goes out straight away to prevent it being spent. So now Halifax seem to think they can take the money out any day they choose.

Any advice? I have written to Halifax before and got a load of rubbish from someone called Helen Jones at customer services. I just felt it was a ploy to try and give us charges, but it failed as we had just deposited £100 for his trip and they have taken it.

Abbey - £539 pending - !!!WON!!!

Halifax - £676 pending - stayed at court

2nd Claim with Halifax - £168 pending

Lloyds TSB - £780 (sisters) !!!WON!!! - Filed waste of costs order (on hold)

Barclays - Barclays filed crap defense - on hold

AND THE BANKS ARE STILL CHARGING!!!!!!!

How very dare you!!

Hi lea, you're right in thinking that standing orders are totally in your control, that is you decide when & how much will be paid to whoever. As you say it should be the 15th (today) when it was due, so by rights they have breached their side of the "contract".

You were asking for T&C's; I've found a whole list of them, here so you can take your pick of which one's you need.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]