style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am waiting until I am back in the black again before claiming back charges it right that NatWest will likely close my account after. What does one do to protect standing orders etc? I do have another Bank Account but they charge too, but not as bad? Which are the best banks to move on to? ~ I've heard Co-op and Nationwide - is that right??

Did I get it right this time, tony, mac?

Hi Kate welcome to the bear garden. this normally is a place for silly things, but from what I can gather from your post above is that you have a NatWest account and would like to claim back the charges. You are also worried that they will close your account. If Natwest do close your account, then this could be taken as retaliation of which they are not allowed to do. A while ago some chap got some money from Alliance & Leicester because they closed his account in retaliation. As for the best account, I don't know. I will post a link to the Natwest foprum for you to start a thread there and then someone can do a magic merge of your posts.

Here is the new thread buytton for Natwest forum.

Mod note: I have removed the link to the Natwest forum new post button as it encourages people to keep starting threads rather than updating them. Here is the link to the Natwest forum, the new link button is near the top of the page.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hi Kate and welcome to the Consumer Action Group. If you have a read through the cases on the Natwest forum you will notice that it is very unlikely that they will close your account anyway. I would advise that you start the process as soon as you can otherwise the clock will be ticking on your older charges as they reach the six year limit.

Good luck with your claim

Steve

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Touche,

Thanks for pointing that out my friend :grin:

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.