Orange's way of getting free money

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here's my story:

My handset with number was stolen around July 10th 2007. As I ordered the handset and a twelve-month Canary 30 contract from Carphone Warehouse in July 2006 and the contract was almost at the end, I immediately called you ask for the number to be blocked and the contract terminated. I then received a bill from Orange showing that the thief had managed to make several international calls which cost me more than £70.00. This bill was promptly paid. One month later I received another bill of £78.00 and when I called Orange Customer Service, it was explained to me that my termination request was "not logged into the system", even though the number was blocked. Moreover, on top of the Canary 30 contract, there is now Orange World 4, which I never ordered before as can be found in my previous bills, in this bill as well. Obviously, since the number was blocked, there could not be any way for me to request this Orange World 4? (Is it an obvious way of big company to get money out of customer? I had same problem with canceling my BT line, but at least they have the decency to appologise and fix it when confronted.)

I asked Orange representative to do what should have been done in July and expected the matter to have been resolved. Yet today I received another letter say either I pay it or they bring down my credit rating.

There has been a clear mistake in Orange part in dealing with this stolen mobile incident. I do not wish to pay the stated outstanding amount for the services I did not receive and did not order. The question it, who should I appeal to?

What I'm not clear on, did Orange offer to replace the stolen SIM with another, so that you could complete the contract? Even without a phone, if you try to cancel early, then early termination charges kick in - whether your mobile was stolen or not. As for the tariff modification, if you didn't request it, ask them who did. And, as you didn't have an active mobile at the time - why wasn't this spotted at the time?

Orange World 4 is a monthly data bundle, it costs £4 per month. so if it only appeared on the last bill, you effectively have £4.00 you can ask to be removed from the bill.

At the point of calling to get the sim restricted due to the theft, did you go through to another dept and give 30 days notice to cancel?

where you given a disconnection date? If not in the last month where you told that there would be buy out charges? ( i ask this, because last July Carphone Warehouse very rarely did 12 months contracts on canary tariffs with a phone! normally 18mth)

If you only then recieved the one bill for £78.00 (would have been around August?) and nothing since, that would suggest that in fact it has been terminated and those are the final line rental charges and any call charges up untill the bar was placed.

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!