Does BT file Credit Payment History to CRA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody now if BT file payment history on customers who either fail to pay the bill or are late payeers.

I dont think that there is a Consumer Credit Agreement between Customer and BT when applying for a LandLine.

Is this correct?

I have never known BT to file payment history in 20 years but could i be wrong.

What does the Honurable Forum think?

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

BT don't provide credit so no CCA agreement is in place, but this is not required to report your payment history to a CRA. That said, I have been a customer of BT for more time than I care to remember, and there was no clause permitting them to disclose my details to a CRA. This may be different for services they now provide to new customers, but the original ones are unaffected.

Thanks Buzz,

But i think you need to give permission for that to happen, i am nearly sure, they only do an Identity check with experian etc, but not a credit check to accept you as a customer, i have never known BT to sue through the courts for unpaid phone bills,

IS THERE ANYBODY THAT CAN ADD TO MINE OR BUZZ'S COMMENTS

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

I'm not clear what you are asking... give permission for what and by whom? An identity check - as far as I'm aware - must also be agreed in advance as it requires recourse to a CRA files. However, again from personal experience, this has never been done to me either, as (back in the days there were going to charge for being ex-directory) I took the phone out in the name of my dog, and they still bill him.

• 1 year later...

Lol. guys do BT now provide our accoutn history to CRAs?

I read somewhere that they are returning all custoemr accounts until July due to an audit issue, so meanign they are now showing our customer accounts? I have not been credit checked by BT when i opened a teleophone line in February 2009 and there is nothign on my file, i dnt know maybe not yet but, can i refuse for them to display my information without my consent as i was advised nothign at teh tiem of openign accoutn over teh phone!? any comments pls. i know teh post is very old but, glad this is the on;ly place it adds up ;) sorry for spellign errors ina rush ;)

x

WF PPI Claim WON :grin:

Incl.8% INTEREST etc total £2231 SETTLED 4wks! :wink:

I don't believe BT's cusromers are 'credit checked', but I understand their identities are verified with Equifax. (this was to catch out any possibility of a Mr O. Bin Laden getting a landline without their knowledge,

As to disclosure of account information, as part of the above verification process, the CRA requested BT provide this information as an ongoing measure to its 'customers'. BT then had to amend their terms and conditions (in 2007 I think) where this was amended. I've not checked the current T&Cs to see if it's there. However, the original info was provided as part of BT's "Update" bill stuffer magazine. Customers were advised that if they did not wish the new terms to be applied, they could terminate their account.

buzby,

I recently 2 weeks ago, applied on line, to have my land line re- connected by B.T. Still have dialling tone but cannot dial out (barred)

About 10 days later received call (mobile) from B.T.re the request for the re-connection, stating that they would require £25 for payment for a credit clearance check and my credit card details, I refused and said I would consider proposal, another week went by and further call from them, this time requesting £50 and stating that whoever quoted the £25 was wrong and that it is £50 payable up front for credit clearance but!! will be re imbursed on first bill received. Again I have told them especially now that they are quoting more and do not appear to have a clear policy re payment, that I will re-consider but will not be proceeding with request for re- connection at the moment.

I wonder what they are up to it reeks a bit to me, do you think it is just the same old B.T. chaos prevails, or are they changing their policy and probably call centre staff who have not got a clue what they are talking about.

Has anyone recently had the same response as me. :confused::rolleyes:

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Interesting. This 'credit clearance' has the same non-meaning as 'heald and safety' these days. Are they suggesting that to obtain credit, you must pay £25/£50 for permit this? Or that it is a hip description for the old term of a 'deposit', Or that this is a fee for them so that you now pay for them to check your credit file in order to decide whether to have you as a customer?

I'd raise a formal complaint with OFCOM, as this would be the only way to stamp this arrogant nonsense out!

Forgot to mention BTs latest offer, Apparently if you want a new line, a reconnection, or even a second line, Ring the "Customer Options Team" on 0800 800 150 up to 30th June 09, it is supposedly FREE and not the £122.50, this is an 18month contract. The above team are the only ones dealing with this offer.

Going to give them a try see if they want the up front payment of £25 or £50.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Customer Options Team are on 0800 800 030

Still sales yes, but they are given extra training on setting up brand new lines and bringing people back from LLU's, and also have access to some retention deals and also the discounted setting up of lines deals

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Rang "Customer Options Team" yesterday and they quoted Land line will be re-connected and an up front deposit of £50 was required, which will be returned after 6 months of account being paid on time.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"