CCJ from Barclaycard - advice please...

wobbles1914
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6003 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I will be brief and provide more details if requested.

I have recently received a summons from county court regarding an outstanding b/card debt of around £2000. I have until next week to acknowledge and then another 14 days for defence.

HISTORY

I started making repayments in March 07 to Moorcroft until I found CAG and sent both DCA & BC a CCA request. DCA did not have agreemnet so sent the account back to BC. BC never responded to CCA.

I also sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to BC and received details that confirmed there were a few hundred pounds of unlawful charges on the account. I also did not proceed with the claim as I was processing another two at the time and wanted to focus on those. Now as you know, there is a "pause" on claiming due to OFT case.

QUESTIONS

How should I proceed in my defense? Should I use the fact that no CCA was provided and ask for one again in defense? Or should I reject claim based upon unlawful charges deeming the amount outstanding inaccurate?

Please help (as you always do).

Cheers

Wobbles

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although my claims have failed to reach the Court stage,I would certainly go with the failure to produce the proper agreement,with prescribed terms, as requested by yourself,having no doubt paid a £1 for that info and have proof that this was sent/rec'd by BC.

My understanding regularly stated on this Forum is...No CCA=No Debt.

I would also get my claim in to BC for the penalty charges asap.

I hope this helps ,and am slightly surprised someone with this sort of experience has not given you the benefit of that experience,by donating to your post.

If I can help then will do,so pls keep posting.

For a start-the Default Notice you will have recieved is faulty, void and legally meaningless, as the amount they are claiming contains unlawful debits and interest.

The list goes on, but post your request for advice on the above thread.

There is a template defence which you will find most useful. :D

wobbles- when you say BCard owe you several hundred in charges, does this include interest on those charges?

If not, dont forget that they owe you this interest as well.

(Penalty charge + interest at the % rate you paid on each charge from the date it was debited = your claim)

Hi Wobbles,

A few questions for you

When did you send the CCA and was sent Recorded Delivery? If so was it signed for?

Have you sent a SAR to Barclays, if so when and was it recorded

Have you seen a copy of the Creditors Particluars of claim yet?

regards,

shane

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

Although my claims have failed to reach the Court stage,I would certainly go with the failure to produce the proper agreement,with prescribed terms, as requested by yourself,having no doubt paid a £1 for that info and have proof that this was sent/rec'd by BC.

I would also get my claim in to BC for the penalty charges asap.

I hope this helps ,and am slightly surprised someone with this sort of experience has not given you the benefit of that experience,by donating to your post.

If I can help then will do,so pls keep posting.

Rtech,

I really appreciate your post and sentiments.

Cheers

wobbles

wobbles- when you say BCard owe you several hundred in charges, does this include interest on those charges?

If not, dont forget that they owe you this interest as well.

(Penalty charge + interest at the % rate you paid on each charge from the date it was debited = your claim)

Noo,

I will come back to you will a definative answer when I have totalled the charges on a s/sheet. Thanks for your comments - I will enter a link in the above-mentioned thread.

Cheers

Wobbles

Hi Wobbles,

A few questions for you

When did you send the CCA and was sent Recorded Delivery? If so was it signed for?

Have you sent a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to Barclays, if so when and was it recorded

Have you seen a copy of the Creditors Particluars of claim yet?

regards,

shane

Shane,

Thanks for your questions.

Yes, due to the fine reminders on CAG I sent both the SAR and CCA via recorded delivery. I still have the receipts. The fact they received the SAR is proved by the copy statements they sent me. However, there has been no reply to the CCA.

The POC:

Balance under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 made between the defendant and the claimant or it predecessor in title and outstanding at this date. The defendant remains liable for making monthly repayments under the agreement until the outstanding debt is repaid...

UNQUOTE

Cheers

Wobbles

We need to be careful here, as this isn't technically correct, Rtech - you would be right to say "No CCA=Unenforceable Debt", however! Just because they don't have a regulated agreement, doesn't mean that the debt doesn't exist. That "debt" is deemed unenforceable, so can't be enforced against the debtor.

We should be able to successfully defend this one, IMHO.

Other things I'd like to know are;

- Have you disputed any of the balance already?

- Have you had replies to these disputes?

- Have you corresponded with them since you received the claim form? If not, you need to take a look at my thread, here, and send a CPR request for more information ASAP;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/110146-car2403-hfc-bank-default.html#post1146430

I don't think they have a case looking at their POC, like my case with HFC Bank, they haven't shown grounds for a claim in their POC, your defence will be they haven't proven grounds to bring a claim so you can't defend properly! The Judge might agree and strike the claim out. (I've taken a different approach with my defence and offered an "in the alternative" statement, in case that doesn't happen though!)

The main thing here is not to panic! (I know it's easier than it sounds!)

I also notice that your thread is tucked away where no one is likely to see it. I suggest you PM some MOD's/Site Helpers and get your thread moved to a more obvious sub-forum - it doesnt' really sit well in "legalities". I suggest main Debt forum.

Exactly the PoC on my case with Next, word for word.

I have filed the defense that is on there, put together by Tomterm8. have a read and see.

But if you have not done so already, acknowledge the claim as soon as. That gives you an extra 14 days.

Best Wishes

MoonHawk

I think it would be a good idea.

Mahatma Gandhi when asked what he thought of Western civilization

Advice & opinions of MoonHawk are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Lloyds TSB - Unlawful charges - Settled £8,807.68

Motor Help UK - Misrepesentation Act - Settled £111.25 (Thread Here)

Next Directory court action without a CCA for £605 - Settled & account closed (Thread Here)

CABOT - Can not produce CCA and refusing to accept it - In progress

Aktiv Kapital - Can not produce CCA and also refusing to accept it - In progress

Barclaycard - Can not produce CCA for an account of £2,000. After a long fight used CPR - Settled

Have a good read of the thread that moonhawk has directed you to where there is excellent advice. I will move this thread to general debt where you will get more advice on the subject.

I agree, take in what's on the thread. Send off Curly's letter in post 2.

Can I ask who the solicitor is?

Complicated I know

But if they havent provided a CCA I'd be inclined to make a counterclaim for all the interest they have ever charged on the account (or if you want to be able to quote rock solid case law, all the payments you have ever made on the account)

See Wilson v First County Trust

That'd learn 'em!

:D

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

You may be pleasantly suprised...

noomill060,

First all, thanks for getting "stuck in" and raising the profile on this thread!

Secondly, some more things to check...

Do I include the post-OFT £12.00 charges or only those above £12.00?

With regard to interest (from what I can remember from months ago) is that this is only mentioned when I raised a claim not on the LBA letter. Do I still need to do an LBA or do I go straight to raising a court claim (as we are already in a court setting?

Cheers

Wobbles

Other things I'd like to know are;

- Have you disputed any of the balance already?

- Have you had replies to these disputes?

- Have you corresponded with them since you received the claim form? If not, you need to take a look at my thread, here, and send a CPR request for more information ASAP;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/110146-car2403-hfc-bank-default.html#post1146430

car2403,

I will come back to you on these points.

Cheers

Wobbles

Looks like you are getting lots of good advice.

subscribing.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.