• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Anyone else?

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend came to visit today and she told me an incredible story, and I wondered whether anyone else has had this recently or whether she just got incredibly lucky:

While she was away to look after sick mum in spain, things went all wrong on her Abbey account, and in the month or so that she was away, she incurred over £300 of charges.

She went to her branch, where the girl got her to phone the phone banking people, and listen to this, they removed the whole of her charges over a period of a couple of weeks (2 phone calls) bar 2, so then when she hung up, the girl at the branch said: "Ok, I can remove the other 2 here" and that was that! :shock:

I mean, good for her, but is it a fluke, as I suspect? Has anyone tried simply asking lately, just on the off-chance? :?

Hi, do you meen that she didnt have the funds to pay whatever she was charged for or that they took charges for no know reason ? i ask because a month or so ago 4 charges appeared on my account with were not due amounting to around £140, but i didnt even have to ask for them refunding as they refunded them on the same day! computing error i wonder?

Hi, do you meen that she didnt have the funds to pay whatever she was charged for or that they took charges for no know reason ? i ask because a month or so ago 4 charges appeared on my account with were not due amounting to around £140, but i didnt even have to ask for them refunding as they refunded them on the same day! computing error i wonder?

Oh no, there were reasons, bounced d/d, you know, the usual... Not a bank error, just good-ol-run-of-the-mill common or garden charges... :p

Hi Bookworm I had the same happen to me and wrote them a letter in Sept they today refunded back £90, to say I was suprised is an understatement. Wonder if I ask for the money on my claim that is stayed they would be as quick to pay that. Me thinks not!!!!!!!!!!!!

All advice given is without any liability and has been picked up from my own experiences.

Never give up hope - Life is to short.

Hi peeps, since we've moved to Halifax we've picked up a couple or 3, the first lot (early in year) wife was told over phone that charges are here to stay, when we explained that we know what's going on as we are sueing the ass off Abbey the reply was 'fair enough, we'll recind the charges this time.' last 2 times we've had money to cover amounts OD back in account within 15 hrs (internet banking/2 accounts) just transfered from 1 to the other, first time phoned them up they said 'no problem, we'll withdraw charge,' 2nd time a DD went out 2 days early, (that's so annoying, shouldn't be allowed to do it) anyway account hadn't even been charged, (back in black by 9am) still i'd hazard a guess that Abbey would have wacked a charge on..... not quite like your friend but similar thing...

Hi everyone.

Having read some of what had been said in here and previously tried to obtain back my bank charges that were applied this year and the abbey refusing to budge, I thought, What have I got to lose.

So I gave them a call and asked for all bank charges back from 4th July to todays date as before 4th July is where I have applied for them at court totalling £175 in total and guess what I....They refunded it there and then...straight into my account it went...so now I have little money that I didn't have in the first place :D

I am now waiting for the test case so I can claim back my £5k plus :D

With all this happening and them being so nice and easy I wonder if there is something in the air that we dont know about???????? :rolleyes:

I say to you all...go ahead and give them a call and ask for it...never know you might get your recent onces but not your earlier ones...but if you got nothing and they give it to you, it something that belongs to you coming back your way isn't it ;)

Ladidi

Ladidi

this is supberb, they must have been told to do it hmmmmmmm but I thought that their charges were fair and transparent :)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

yup I agree Lula, thay have been arguing with us all for ages saying they are fair and transparent and we willsee you in court rather than give it back to you. Which is virtually what they have said to me since I started my claim. and they evern refused to budge on giving me back what was applied this year ont eh grounds they had already gave me a good will gesture and it was agaisnt thair own rules to give back more.

So I was skint and brassic this morning and I read in here what was happening for some peeps and I thought, I got nothing to lose but a fair to bit to gain if they pay out, and sure enough they did :D

With in 10 mins I was off to the bank withdrawing what they just gave me before they could change their minds..hahaha

I`m now in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for them to do the test case to see if I can claim back £5k plus.

With all that is happening it begs the questions..up to their change of T and C are they going to repay and all since the changes to the T and C's are they not going to pay?????

Seems mighty funny they repaid knowing I was taking them to court for £5k plus and didn't even put up a fight except to say please dont go over your overdraft in furture.

Ladidi

hi peeps, regarding what I posted above, turns out that today they have taken a charge for the last one, (the one that hadn't even gone on the system!) anyway wife phoned them up and long and short of it is, they don't believe what we told them, so we said check the records, now have to wait for somebody to listen to the recording to see what excuse they can come up with, time for the fun and games to start with Halifax.... anyway, when they ask you "who did you speak to?" just reply, you tell me, it's on your records, so if they try the 'we don't know who said that' line, throw it strait back at them......;)