ccj info

becky75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone !

quick question ;

i got a letter today referring to my ccj that i got 26/9 and it was from a debt company offering advice - how do they know i got one then ?? thought I have to pay for my credit report but these people already know about it! where do they get the info from and can anyone else access my details just like that?

just wondered........................

thanx x

I would be very concerned of any debt help company approaching you, it is likely they are after money in some way shape or form. If you would like assistance please get in touch with one of the free charitable debt-help firms such as Consumer Credit Counselling Service or National Debtline.

i've been with dmc for about a year

- think i had about 10 debts and they've sorted about 5

- i had to pay a charge

- they say i pay an amount they keep 102 in holding account

and then after 5 years when the holding account has x amount in and they've beeen paying for 5 years to variuos companies

they'll use money in acc to offer a final payment ! - not sure if this right ....

..... they tell me to send copies of letters sent to me but usually wait until last snotty letter then a payment agreement put in place.

They haven't helped me claim bank or credit crad charges no cca'd any of the debts i have

- when mentioned ur site they said 'oh we could do that' but never done anything !

i'm seriuosly thinking about doing it all myself now!

that or cccs but not sure although they're charitable if they offer the same sort of payment program?

Hi becky,

I would contact CCCS! Telephone 0800 138 1111

CCCS - Free Debt Advice from the UK's Leading Debt Charity

I can't be 100% certain, but it sounds like that other lot you are with will require payment out of your funds! If so, get rid of them!

As for finance companies contacting you.

They are probably trying to get you to take out a loan at a very unattractive rate! Stay clear of this type of company!

Best wishes, Jeff.

• Haha 1

Don't use a fee charging DMP company - CCCS and PayPlan both offer a free service and you can switch over to them if you're eligible. You aren't legally bound into the current arrangement you have and the fees you pay could be used to pay your debts off more quickly :)

• Haha 1