I love BE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

People, I'm just writing to recommend BE internet.

Speeds are excellent, customer service is decent, technical support is amazing.

I had a couple of problems moving home, because they don't move it, but you set up a new account and they cancel the old one, but overall absolutely amazing!

The couple of technical troubles that I have had have been sorted out VERY quickly, and they have just lowered their prices TODAY saving me £6 a month!!!

Highly recommended. (In the event anybody joins them thanks to my recommendation then PM me and we may be able to get something each for this recommendation).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

Don't forget, that people who are not technical savvy can have in some cases a BIG trouble with Be.... I'm with them, I read the forum (I suppose you too) and there are also complaints from people who don't understand how ADSL2+ works etc... If you invite everybody, keep in mind, that this particular broadband is not so "easy to understand" as other... It IS recommended, but potential Be-ings must at least TRY to understood how this works.

"witchwq". In my humble opinion broadband does not need to be understood. I also believe that even if somebody is so not technical savvy that they can't install BE (I am a relatively new customer and it was DEAD SIMPLE to install, just as easy or as hard as BT. Tiscali caused more trouble connecting than BE was), then it is worth for them to pay £30 to a technician to install it in 15 mins and then for them to enjoy the amazing service and dead good price!

So I disagree with you that a non-technical savvy person could not utilize BE to the max!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

While it is indeed easy to install, to get the best from this service a certain amount of technical "tweaking" is to be expected.

I have been using Be since the end of last year, and, apart from one three day outage, I have been extremely impressed with their service.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Installing is easy, and tweaking the spead can be easy if someone want to read forums, but when the problem shows up the patience is needed. Look how many people blame Be for troubles caused by BT. They feel cheated in some way. I had some troubles too (and as a foreigner some of them are completely bizzare to me), but I never moaned about it. I am a happy Be-ing, just feel that people need to be warned i.e. that they can not get the full advertised speed, or that problems can happen.

"witchwq".

When I had minor technical problems with BE, they were solved within 10 minutes. You won't get 8mb when that is the advertised speed so there is no difference between other providers and BE in that department.

There is no need to understand broadband just to be able to connect and use.

Comparative to BT, Tiscali, Wanadoo/Orange & NTL/Virgin - they are much friggin' better and well worthwhile!!!

Okay, okay, I know what you mean, but not everybodys troubles are solved quickly and some of them are not solved. I agree that this ISP is really great and worth every quid I pay, but sometimes bad things happen ;)

Remember, I don't disagree with you, just try to be more reserved ;)

"witchwq". Fair point and accepted.

"Curlyben". Exact-blood-ly!!!!

I'm upgrading, it's well bloody worth it!!!

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 33.0 / 57.0

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,005 / 6,365

Although it's often about 1300/6900 if I tweak enough.... aparently for that attenuation and length of line it's a good speed.... that's on the 24mbit service... don't expect any other provider would be better!

Not had any probs with them.. seem good.. just hope the price drop doesn't bring in the masses which makes them apply measures to "protect" the masses

Katym609 you have very high attenuation, I think in your case going for Pro would be a mistake. But I think you are happy with what you already have :) Maybe you should consider regrading to Be Value - you won't get anything more than 8 mbit so you would save some money, but the thing with Be Value is - it's 12 months contract :(

yeah.. not going to go pro... well, I'm happy but would be happier if it was faster :) .. but that can't be helped.

I need a fixed IP so I'll stick with Be unlimited - plus I can then say "I'm on a 24mbit unlimited package" :p

Duffman, while BE is indeed owned by O2 it is NOT becoming O2 broadband at all.

O2 BB is to be marketed as a separate product entirely and discounts willl be offered to O2 customers, to non-O2 customers the price IS more expensive.

Have a read: Late, fast and pricey: O2 broadband is go | The Register

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I must withdraw my recommendation for BE. After being with them for over a year, I started having major problems with them from when I moved flat.

Any problem you could imagine I had. It started with billing problems when I moved, then the internet was down for 22 hours in Greater Manchester, then my internet started cutting out to the point that I was depending on mobile internet, which was extremely annoying as it depends on the exact location of the phone to receive reception.

I disconnected and sued them for business losses totaling over £2k. Settled for just over £1k.

I'd swear off them. They have a Bulgarian callcentre that are more useless than Indian ones are!!! Sorry if anybody took my advice and suffered because of it.