Halifax charges - update

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If no-one else replies, give the court a call. Ive contacted them before and found them really helpful. You may be able to amend your claim. It would depends how far its gone I guess. id give them a quick call. There numbers on your claim form aswell as your claim number.

Abbey Claim

27/03/06 Served Claim, acknowledged 05/04/06, 24/04/06 Defence entered & 50% offer. 25/04/06 accepted 100% ofer via email.

Alliance & Leicester

LBA sent 27/06/06, Claim Started 25/07/06, 14/08/06 Charges refunded!

Barclaycard: DPA 21/04/06. Prelim 12/05/06, LBA 26/05/06, Claim issued on 27th June. Acknowledged 03/7/06, 20/10/06 Court Date Set: 8th December

Barclays: DPA 21/04/06, statements arrived 02/05/06, prelim 06/05/06, 21/05, LBA, Barclays offered 50% 1 day after LBA deadline. Refused and claim started 5/6/06. Acknowledged 9/6/06, defence entered 07/07/06, allocation questionnaire sent off. Court Date October 25th, case settled 24/10/06

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck to you. If they did take you to court I can not think of a better person for them to lose to! Lets hope if they do take you there and lose, it sets precedent! (I have no idea what I'm talking about, mind, I did a law unit about 7 yeara ago!!).

Claim against Halifax for £492

:: Moneyclaim form filed 22nd May, total claim now £649.57 including costs and 8% interest.

:: £210 offer recieved 19th May, rejected

:: LBA sent 8th May, 22nd May deadline.

:: £70 offer recieved 6th May, rejected

:: Recieved Halifax charges leaflet: 28th April

:: Original Request Sent: 25th April / Deadline: 10th May

View my progress

Thanks everyone for your encouragement - will keep you posted :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Lol - thanks - I can't get over your avatar - makes me grin!!:D:D

RESULT!!

Two mysterious cash credits into my a/c yesterday:

1 x £74.00

1 x £33.01

Total £107.01

My bill to them:

Charges plus interest £77.01

Court Costs £30.00

Total £107.01

Phoned customer relations who confirm this was an 'internal' payment but they can't confirm anymore than that.

I told them I would not advise the court to close the claim until I have something in writing from them confirming these credits were in fact a refund in full of my claim. They said that they would ensure I get something in writing if that is what in fact has happened.

Congratulations!! Hopefully there will be more posts like this appearing soon - just in time for the weekend as well - woohoo!!!

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

Woohoo!:-D

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Just worked out the whole process from prelim letter to refund took 6 weeks exactly :)

Hi Bovvered

I have just read your thread and it sound so positive. I have been with Halifax for quite a few years now and had so many charges I can't imagine how much it adds up to. I have decided to claim for all of the charges they have taken from me. I have just bought a house with my partner and we are trying to pay our bills but as soon as one dd gets missed Halifax pounce in with loads of charges. It then becomes a vicious circle - you don't have the money to pay the dd, you get charged which they take from money you don't have, then you get charged for the privilidge of going over your overdraft and it escallates from there!! I didn't know where to turn until someone at work gave me this website and suggested I claim the money back.

Can anyone advise me as to how much/what timeframe you are allowed to claim back? Is it just the last few months or can you claim for the past 6 years? Advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit nervous about where to start.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Siboboo

Hi Siboboo

If you look at my first post you'll see how nervous I was too - I think a lot of people are nervous at the beginning, but this is one reason why you absolutely MUST read the FAQ section where you will also see a very helpful thread called Step by Step guide. The more familiar you become with the process, the more confident you will feel. Don't get me wrong, this is a BIG thing we undertake - challenging the banks, and you must back yourself up with KNOWLEDGE!!

Well done for taking the first steps in joining this forum, now go read the FAQs then GO GET YOUR MONEY!! :)

Oh and yes, it is six years working back from the date you claim eg today...

Thank you thank you!!

I am off to engross myself in the FAQ's and find the letter to send. I'll update once I have all the details - I reckon the bank owe me a packet the amount I've been charged over 6 years. I knew I had kept all my statements for a good reason. Thanks for your advice and I promise I will keep you updated.

Watch this space.........................................

Siboboo :roll: xx

Thank you thank you!!

I am off to engross myself in the FAQ's and find the letter to send. I'll update once I have all the details - I reckon the bank owe me a packet the amount I've been charged over 6 years. I knew I had kept all my statements for a good reason. Thanks for your advice and I promise I will keep you updated.

Watch this space.........................................

Siboboo :roll: xx

Well done, and when you get started, start your own thread otherwise the Mod's will slap your wrist! :rolleyes:

While I was in the process of claiming through Moneyclaim Online, I was sent a notice of charge for unauthorised O/D to be debited from my account end of this month. I faxed Customer relations to ask them to waive this charge. Well I got my full refund last week, and I checked my online statement to day, and they didn't charge me the £28 Unauthorise O/D charge, great, but they did charge me - wait for it:

'Interest Debited - notified last month £0.01' !!

They said in their letter they reserve the right to close my account should I get any more charges, maybe this is what they are trying to do? Otherwise, this is hilarious!!

I HAVE BEEN REFUNDED AGAIN LOL!!!!

Having succesfully got my charges back last week, they have refunded them again!!!

Wonder if they are trying to trip me up now? They credit my account, I spend it, they take it back - BINGO I'll be overdrawn, they give me more charges and close my account! (Like they said they reserved the right to if I got more charges in their last letter)

Think I'd better phone and find out....this is intriguing...

I HAVE BEEN REFUNDED AGAIN LOL!!!!

Having succesfully got my charges back last week, they have refunded them again!!!

Wonder if they are trying to trip me up now? They credit my account, I spend it, they take it back - BINGO I'll be overdrawn, they give me more charges and close my account! (Like they said they reserved the right to if I got more charges in their last letter)

Think I'd better phone and find out....this is intriguing...

Just ring and say, "I am questioning the credit to my account on May 2nd 2006. Is it correct?" If they say yes, get their name and spend it!!!!

Regarding Halifax refunding me for a second time, I spoke to customer relations again today as he has been looking into this for me, and said today they will write it off as bank error and not reclaim it in the future, and 'thanks for being upfront and telling us about it', (in other words they are letting me keep it) and he will send a letter to confirm this today. I will not touch any of it till I have this letter though.

I have to say I have found the person whom I have spoken to a few times in the course of my claim, to be a really nice, polite and helpful member of staff. Glad they have some gooduns!

OMG!!

That has to be just the best thing I have heard all week!

That is just fantastic, and I hope you enjoy spending their money. You see... if they're letting you keep it, then they can obviously afford it! Which gives me hope!!

8 days since they acknowledged mine and still no cheque - but hey - I'm holding on to your thread..............

x

I know - wild isn't it?!!

You'll be fine - watching your thread too, waiting for good news :)

Wow - look at this:

Dear xxxxxx

I refer to your telephone conversation of 3rd May and also of today's date regarding the duplication of the charges refund of £74 made to your account on 27th April and 2nd May.

As I mentioned during our telephone conversation, I believe that in the circumstances and the inconvenience you have suffered, the Halifax will close our file in respect of your complaint and we will not recover this overpayment from your account.

I hope this is acceptable and we can now move forward in respect of the service we provide to you. .

Yours sincerely

Senior Customer Relations Manager

Customer Relations

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks