British Gas - Disconnection Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, long story short, rob peter to pay paul, gas hasnt been paid in ages, I ignored letters etc, had disconnection notice through door, so will ring up and offer something, but bet its not what the what, where would I stand on this any ideas, cant really live without the gas with a child in the house, but can't really afford to pay off the entire debt.

Give them a call and ask them to accept installments until it is paid up. If you have a lot of outgoings, have you worked out how much you have coming in and going out yet? It maybe possible to reduce other bills to stop you from robbing Peter to pay Paul.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Once an account has reached the disconnection notice stage, most suppliers are unlikely to accept instalment repayments as ample time has been allowed for an agreement to be reached. As borisbeaver has said the only option is to have a prepay meter fitted and the debt set on the meter. If you are on benefits then the repayment rate should be set at £4.00 per week.

It would also be a good idea to make sure that their readings match the reading on the meter as estimates are frequently used and it may be possible that the amount owing is less than they are asking for.

Do not sit back and do nothing as the next stage would be an application in a Magistrates Court for a Warrant of Entry, this will add around £150.00 to the debt outstanding and then gives the supplier the right to gain entry to your property. Call them and ask for the prepay meter to be fitted as soon as possible.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.