The Scarlet Pimpernel vs. Capquest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This morning's post brought the first contact from Crapquest, in the form of a luridly-coloured threatogram. They are acting in regard to an Egg credit card.

I will be sending them a CCA, but am not sure where to send it. There are three different addresses - a registered office, a PO Box no. (for the grandly-titled 'legal dept', of course), and yet another on the envelope. I am tempted to invest in some red paper and send the CCA request in large, bold capitals like their absurd 'letter', but am not sure where to send it.

Anyone know which is the best address to use for these clowns?

Hi ScarletPimpernel, I've got a stack of dayglo green or orange paper here if you want some, it'll certainly stand out :)

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

I like replying to threatograms in the same tone as theirs:

TAKE NOTE

YOU HAVE FAILED TO COMPLY WITH MY REQUEST DATED ...

Goldlady

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

• 4 weeks later...

This morning's post brought Capquest's response to my CCA, which consists of a list of transactions - and nothing else at all.

This is a disappointing response - I had expected at least an application form masquerading as an agreement. I am tempted to ask for my £1 back. On reflection, however, I will just wait for their next missive.

Still, on the bright side, they've saved me a tenner as I now won't have to SAR Egg - I can use the statements to claim charges back.

• 1 month later...

Well, well. First thing this morning Capquest phoned me; I recognised the area code so pressed the red 'ignore' button and went back to sleep.

I wonder what they could want? It's well over 12+30 days since I CCA'd them, and they've failed to provide an agreement, or anything purporting to be one.

It seems they are also now ignoring my request for communication in writing only, as well as trying to collect whilst in dispute, and in criminal default of a CCA request. A somewhat different scenario to the blatant lies on their website:

We comply with the following specific legislation and codes of practice:

The Credit Services Association Code of Practice. Should be printed on lavatory paper, in order to give it an actual use

Department of Trade & Industry Guidelines on debt recovery. Clearly it's so long since they bothered complying they haven't noticed that it's been the OFT for some years

Ofcom’s Guidelines for call centres and management of call abandonment rates.

Anti-money laundering responsibilities as prescribed under the Terrorism Act and Proceeds of Crime Act.

Rigorous employee screening programme.

Formal complaint time, I think.

Hi SP

I'm not normally sensitive (when my dad died my brothers and sister called me Spock) but even I thought your last line was totally inappropriate (rightly or wrongly I couldn't help but think you were describing symptoms of Downs Syndrome).

Could you please edit your last comment as no one with Downs deserves to be compared to the parasitic **** employed by the DCAs.

Done. I should remember that medical/military/black humour is not for everyone. You were right, they were some of the characteristics of trisomy. The reality is that I suspect trisomic individuals would do rather badly as debt

collectors - they tend to have a pleasant nature and be trusting, two things Capquest would not be looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

Update time.

In response to Capquest's failure to comply with my CCA request, and their phone calls, I sent a formal complaint on 17 December. On 19 December, I received the copy agreement. It actually has the prescribed terms, but they did not send the terms and conditions that are referred to in the agreement. Curiously, it says nothing about data protection, so clearly no consent was given to process data.

This morning I received two letters from Capquest.

The first, dated 24 December, is a demand for money under threat of legal action unless a completed direct debit form is returned to Capquest. This was sent after they had signed for my complaint.

However, the second letter, dated 02 January, is their response to my complaint. They say that the agreement was not sent out within the statutory timescale because of an 'administrative error', and because Egg didn't send it until it was too late, they have closed their file and returned it to Egg. They go on to say that any other contact was made on the erroneous basis that they had complied with the CCA request.

So, a result, though no doubt Egg will pass it on to some other pond life.

So a result of sorts.

Got the DCA out of the way, now it's just a case of waiting for contact fom the OC.

I have been waiting over year for that to happen in one of my cases and on average 6 months.

Hey I don't mind in the slightest, but I must admit to missing the regular nastygrams from my DCA friends.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too