OFT impact on the banks re: gesture of goodwill

debt_mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6031 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a thought driving in to work today.

Assuming the OFT bank charges case concludes and they do something similar to the Credit Card companies (just 1 of the possible options) and the bank are told to refund every charge more than the fixed amount of say £8 (me guessing)

so,

does this mean that everyone who has already had a payout, that was a gesture of goodwill, without the need for sending a letter of acceptance as full and final, will also be due this payout in additional to the GOGW......the claimant have never actually received a refund of any charges, only a "gift" from the bank with no admission of anything?

Just an thought, any comments?

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Well, when paying a claim, they seem to take off the GOGW, which I find very naughty indeed, a GOGW should not have any bearing on the final settlement but apparently it does. And , even if the OFT and the banks settle on a figure, this still doesnt preclude anyone from going to court to reclaim your charges, actually I think that the scope of the OFT test case is not addressing the whole question and therefore a total and utter complete waste of time and effort and money because when all the shouting is done, we will go back to claiming through the courts because the OFT does not make the law

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed