Your next move?

DigbyD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Owe DCA around £2500. Asked for Full & Final figure 6 weeks ago, given £1800. Sent CCA request (original debt with RBS) a few weeks back. DCA cashed my cheque. Nothing back from them yet other than a phonecall the other day saying "RBS have agreed to accept £800 as F & F".

Im suspicious of this as it makes me think they know they cant find the CCA and are just trying to get what they can out of me. Im so tempted to pay it though because it gets it out of my life forever.

So my options:

Pay

Ring and offer lower than £800

Write and remind them about my CCA request

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

£800 ?.... yeah I bet they did. Without a CCA, there is no legal proof that they can collect anything.... lol

Do not have any more dealings over the 'phone.... it's a golden rule on here. They will tell you all kinds of bowlarks in order to intimidate you into paying. Wait until they respond by letter and if they 'phone in the meantime.... hang up.

They are in default of a legal request and should not be pursuing you for payment. If you want to settle, then negotiate a much lower settlement.... as without a CCA, they are stuffed.... and they probably know it, hence the reduced figure they've now given you.

Work out the original amount that you borrowed.... deduct any payments that you made from that.... and go from there. You also need to make sure that any settlement is FULL & FINAL, or they may come after you again some time down the track....

:)

It's very suspicious indeed. When was the card taken out? Really it's your decision on what you do. Remember though if you do negotiate a full and final settlement that you are happy with you need confirmation in writing before you pay anything.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

It's very suspicious indeed. When was the card taken out? Really it's your decision on what you do. Remember though if you do negotiate a full and final settlement that you are happy with you need confirmation in writing before you pay anything.

This is a debt that went into default around 2000 when I lost my job etc etc so I guess I signed up for it around 1996/97.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, definetly gven me food for thought.

Have you made any payments or acknowledged the debt in writing since the default? If you haven't it may be statute barred anyway; link below may be of use if this is the case

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 25 Liability For Debts And The Limitation Act

Yes, made token payments initially then increased the payments as my circumstances improved.

If you do offer a F&F I certainly wouldn't go above 10% unless they come up with an enforceable agreement, otherwise they can go whistle for their money.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)