Do i take BOS to court? In Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I successfully claimed back £3000 lat year using two summary cause claims. i'm now in the process of helping a friend who has almost £5000 worth of charges.

With this claim i sent the letter before action and the bank replied saying that nothing can be done until the case in England has been completed and therefore my complaint is on hold.

I'm just wandering do i carry on with my claim at court like i did last time or do i have to wait???

Please help!!!!:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

First of all if your friend is taking them to court in Scotland it would be an ordinary cause action. The complexity of this and the risks are far higher than a summary cause action. Also Scottish claims are in the main now being sisted until January.

On the plus side the limits for claims on Scotland go up in January. Small claims becomes £3K and summary cause becomes £5K. Personally I would wait until January to claim if claiming in Scotland. If claiming in England you may as well file to get the claim in the system (even though it probably will be stayed at the moment).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Yeah she is claiming in Scotland. Probably would be quicker waiting until January. i split my claim into two £1500 claims, i had to wait until one had been settled before i could get the other one served and it took about 5 months.

thanks for your help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You set the timescales, so no you don't have to resend the letters.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.