A victim of Fraud

Wannsee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another way? Let me start by saying I am a Freelance Journalist. For many years I have been a customer of NatWest, and have even investigated bank frauds.

Straight to the point my ex bookkeeper had over many years decided to de-fraud both NatWest and me, it was only in September of last year I found out what was happening after he had been arrested and charged with other unrelated offences, part of his modus was to use a rubber stamp of my signature to issue cheques, change my address, apply for a loan and give ‘my’ authority to talk to the bank.

I managed to recover the rubber stamp and informed the Bank.

At first NatWest were very helpful and I co-operated 100% with ID checks, giving copies of the stamp and identifying suspect items etc. I was then told it was with ‘Fraud’ and I could not be supplied with details of who was dealing with it and “The Bank cannot comment any further” This has been followed up by a letter closing my accounts and cards with the added: We will be unable to supply a reference… Hang on a sec I am the victim here!

To date I have made a DPA request (still waiting) and am left with the big question. What next? I would be glad of any help or advice from this list. I could always say ‘To hell with it and publish’. Is there another way?? :?:

It does sound as if the bank feels that you are implicated in some way.

Has your bookeeper been arrested/tried/convicted?

How long ago did you submit your DPA request?

What is the extent of your loss?

What is the extent of the bank's loss?

The Guy is on Bail and I am a prosecution witness for other offences. The Bank would not have known about the matter had I not told them!

The total amount is +- 30k to the Bank. I have evidence to show he changed my address without consent.

Have you reported it to the police etc?

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

The police are aware of it, also the person concernd has sent a statement to the Bank admitting it........

I am aware that NatWest does not like the publicity of court cases etc.

Does anybody have contact details for the Banks fraud office in London, I have tried all the normal routes but end up with the Farnbough Office and then they hide behind the DPA or the "Department concerned does not deal with the public"

I have nothing to hide and I am surprised by the Banks actions.....

You haven't said if you have lost anything or if you feel that the bank was at fault in anway

I have had a loan in my name plus overdraft plus cheques issued with the rubber stamp, The stamp was not good and the bank should have spotted it.

The person concerned has offered to repay the banks loss, his affidavidt states " I did not intend to defraud the bank or Mr XXXX and I want to repay the money'

I am unable to post full details on this site due to possible action that may be taken but will of course keep you up to date.

Only that if you think that the bank was negligent or in breach of contract

then you could begin an action against them

I would say both negligent and in breach of contract!

I just wonder how they would view my publishing it??? After all I won't have an account with them.

A case I knew of involved a cloned Cheque from a companies account for about 90k the Bank had cctv evidence and would not report it to the Police

I asked the press office for comment on that and was given 'No Comment'How many other cases like that go un-reported??

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks