FSA & MPs in session today

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The FSA are in session with the Treasury Select Committee this morning.

The first part of the meeting will focus on the FSA's woeful performance

in being asleep at the wheel over the Northern Rock crisis. Then the attention will turn to 'any other business'. Myself and MacBoy have lobbied

the committee to address the issue of the waiver.

You may be able to watch it live on the internet but it's not clear if it's

being covered yet. The action starts at 9.45

UK Parliament - Video and Audio

Press the 'live' tab

''Since the FSA was formed in 2001, it has faced two opposite criticisms - some accuse it of regulating too much, while others insist it does too little.

Former Prime Minister Tony Blair was in the former camp in 2005, when in a speech he said the FSA was "seen as hugely inhibiting of efficient business".

Yet at the same time, others, such as consumer rights organisation Which?, have maintained that the FSA does not do enough and is failing consumers as a result.

In 2002, Which? accused the FSA of being "asleep on the job" over endowment pension mis-selling''

BBC NEWS | Business | Profile: Callum McCarthy and the FSA

Well that was the best tv i have watched for ages!!!

Great to see them getting drilled like that and good to see them gettiing told to anwer Yes or No or i am not going to answer that. brilliant.

I liked the guy on the far left nearest to hector he gave some good direct questions and let them know he thought they were useless and to blame for it all.

Also that if FSA were found to of the banks that they would sack the person and also resign themselves.!! awsome

I think they will have no choice but to resign over this.

And hopefully they will be quized over a lot more isuses and investigated.

Shame they never mentioned the Bank charges but hey great to see them get get put on the spot.

Cant wait for some imput from other members on this also to see what else is to come for sir d*ck and hector

Made my day!!!

At the end they mentioned they had until tuesday to submit there report and answer there questions, will this be a public document?.

Also what was the name of the guy on the far left near hector, he would be great to lobby and try and get him to get the FSA to explain why they have issued the waiver losing all consumer faith in them as he obviously did not like either of them and rightly so!!!

They both answered the qestions like politions but it was good to see them saying look answer yes or no or don't comment. I found it unbeliable they didn't answer the questions asked just said no comment.

This has just confirmed what a sham the FSA is, and can't wait to send them a congratulations card when they are made to reisgn!!!!

Hi thanks i think thats him, he has short hair now.

I will email him and ask if he can write to the FSA regarding the waiver and ask him to tell them not to send the blanket response they have sent to most MP's

Not sure if he they wil say speak to your own MP but its worth a try we could do with an MP that does not like the FSA

Will let you know if i get a response and thanks for your time and info

Hmmm...

Sir Callum McCarthy, FSA Chairman. Ex-Kleinwort Benson (Director of Corporate Finance), BZW (Barclays' investment arm), then head of Barclays Group operations in Japan and the US.

Nothing like filling the FSA with your banking mates to ensure that cosy deals are reached without having to deal with those nasty grubby consumers, eh? ;)

As Private Eye would say, 'doubles all round'! :)

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 :cool:

LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07 :mad:

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)