Telephone Line (non landline)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was looking to track down a supplier who can provide a phone number which basically takes voice messages and is inbound only and has no line rental.

This is so that, for companies who insist on a landline number, we can give them that number: we don't generally give out our landline number as the moment it's given to one company it gets shared out/sold and sales calls begin. Changing a PAYG mobile number is easy enough but changing a main landline number is not and has costs.

So, to avoid that, we'd like to pay a one off fee for provisioning of a number which people calling simply get voice mail and never connect through.

Can anyone point us at any companies who offer such a service?

Thanks,

Mark

I have'nt heard of a company, but i'm sure Buzby will answer your post later.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

0871 is so tempting :)

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

We've actually discussed this before - and CAG was looking into offering these and keeping the revenue (small for individuals, but a revenue stream nonetheless!) but we heard no more. If you have Skype, then a SkypeIn number will let you choose a range of geographic numbers to offer. Alternatively, FleXible Telecoms™ - Free personal & business non-geographic phone numbers will let you use 0870/1 and 070 numbers which you can divert at no cost to your 'real' number and retain your privacy. I've been using this for the last 6 years and I can also automatically send 'Withheld' numbers direct to voice-mail if you wish so you're not disturbed. The service is currently free, and if you opt for 0870/1 this may change to a billed service if OFCOM implement their proposals, but for the short term, it is unbeatable!

Apparently you can get free voicemail to your computer from sipgate through your broadband connection.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.