Hi and help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all this is my first day on here and my first post.

Hi

Just need a bit of advice on behalf of my daughter. She has just been given a ticket for parking in residents parking but there are problems:

1 She is a bona fide resident but has only just moved in

2 I have just bought her a first car but when she went to council offices to get a permit she was told it was not possible with out a V5 with her name and address on it. Obviously this is in the post and knowing DVLA it will be at least 14 days.

3 As a final problem I somewhat foolishly bought said car at a local car auction and when I parked outside her flat the car was full of smoke.I have since had a local mechanic look at it and he has said that the head gasket has gone so in effect the vehicle is broken down.

The warden was agressive and rude.

Just seems a bit ridiculous that she has tried to do the right thing council not very helpful despite her being a council tenant.

have now got the ticket and it is from Devon and Cornwall Constabulary. It has very little detail anf it states an offence code.But I thought parking was no longer an offence but a contravention??( or so I have been informed)

The only place date of issue is mentioned is on the tear off piece at bottom.(Having read many threads on this i am told that this is wrong)

There is a box for vehicle model which has been left blank.

And it does seem strange that he is in a solely residential area at 10.00 on a sunday morning ,maybe they are desperate to up thier quota down here.

But I guess as this is a Police warden I can do nothing about this.

Any help or comments please

Thanks

Mike

without knowing what offence you got done for and where its not that easy to help?

Offence code 56 parking in residents parking without a permit as stated in original post.

This is in Exeter Devon. Out side my daughters flat that she has just moved into.

The car also will not move due to head gasket gone.(my stupidity)

Mike

It is still 'offence' since your Council does not appear to be decriminalised. The ticket you got was by the sound of it a fixed penalty notice which you can dispute in Court but based on what you have said you will probably lose. You was told previously you could not have a permit without the correct documentation, which is required to stop residents getting permits for non residents, so you should have made other parking arrangements until it was sorted. Being broken down is only a short term excuse you are expected to get the car moved to a garage to be fixed or parked legally asap.

Parking restrictions are enforced every day they are in operation even Sundays or there would be little point in having the restriction in place if no Wardens worked on a Sunday. I expect most Yellow line offences in Exeter are not generally in force Sundays making resident parking the priority to enforce as most people are at home weekends.

Out if interest, how would a resident get a permit for a company car allocated to them - they will never see the V5?

They may well see the v5, however it is most unlikely the name & address will be that of the keeper. Therefore that makes it impossible to get a residents parking permit according to what the council have told the OP, which is nonsense. I suggest you go back to the council and put them straight and insist that they issue a permit forthwith and cancel the ticket.

This probably isn't relevant given the offence happened on a Sunday, but some of the new estates at the east of Exeter have "Match day" residents' parking restrictions relating to the nearby rugby ground, but some of the roads are not yet adopted meaning that tickets are not enforceable.

What information is required?

If you are not on the edited electoral register (the published version) for the address given, you must submit official proof of residence e.g. current council tax demand, tenancy agreement, utilities bill.

You must submit the Vehicle Registration Document (VRD). If this document is not in your name then, in addition to the VRD, you must provide a signed letter from the registered keeper confirming that you are sole user of the vehicle.

Company Vehicles: If the vehicle for which a permit is required is registered in the name of the company you must produce, in addition to the VRD, an official letter from the company stating that you are an employee and the sole user of the vehicle. If the vehicle is a leased car then, in addition to all the above, an official letter from the leasing company is required stating that the vehicle is leased to your employer

What information is required?

If you are not on the edited electoral register (the published version) for the address given, you must submit official proof of residence e.g. current council tax demand, tenancy agreement, utilities bill.

You must submit the Vehicle Registration Document (VRD). If this document is not in your name then, in addition to the VRD, you must provide a signed letter from the registered keeper confirming that you are sole user of the vehicle.

Company Vehicles: If the vehicle for which a permit is required is registered in the name of the company you must produce, in addition to the VRD, an official letter from the company stating that you are an employee and the sole user of the vehicle. If the vehicle is a leased car then, in addition to all the above, an official letter from the leasing company is required stating that the vehicle is leased to your employer

It would be very, very unusual for this condition to be met.

Certainly for company vehicles, it is normal to allow a spouse/partner to use the vehicle. Also, most company's allow any employee to use the vehicle

Aslo, why would the Council use the edited version of the register - they hold the complete edition