Intercityman vs Barclays PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started the ball rolling with Barclays and a PPI claim on my Graduate Loan. The lasy in question dealing with my claim is surprisingly helpful ( perhaps to helpful ).

It strange that I get so much assistance, cause when I claimed my bank charges the Bank were damn awful. I have a disablity which would have rendered any claim null under my policy, my disablity is visiable but the bank seem to think it was still ok to sell the product.

I am now awaiting there response. Has anyone else had success with Barclays PPI claims ?

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

Started the ball rolling with Barclays and a PPI claim on my Graduate Loan. The lasy in question dealing with my claim is surprisingly helpful ( perhaps to helpful ).

It strange that I get so much assistance, cause when I claimed my bank charges the Bank were damn awful. I have a disablity which would have rendered any claim null under my policy, my disablity is visiable but the bank seem to think it was still ok to sell the product.

I am now awaiting there response. Has anyone else had success with Barclays PPI claims ?

Hello Intercityman,

Welcome to the site. I don't know of anybody being successful with sharcaly as yet, but I am sure if someone has they will let us know. These financial institutues were not really interested if the policies they sold were fit for purpose, they were blinded by profit.

I do think you will have a very good case and wish you luck in reclaiming it back.

Will watch with interest, please keep us posted

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Geez - i can't even get Barclays to stop the PPI payments on my loan, never mind make a refund!

You certainly sound like you have a good case, i will watch with interest.

Good luck and best wishes ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Gone through the complaints procedure, now at stage of passing thie to the Obudsman first and then courts if need be. I keep you posted. Any one had success with Barclays and PPi claims ?

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Letter to Ombudman and a letter to barclay request SAR on loan and PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Awaiting Ombusdman decision, now they have a bacl log of post ( nearly 2 weeks )

Hi Intercityman.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. In my experience so far, the FOS have been v. efficient. Long may it last, just about to post off another complaint myself :p

• 3 months later...

FOS arent that effeicent. Still Waiting now !!! Barclay's appear to be dragging the feet. Still all is not lost if FOS dont come up with good I assume the courts is an option.

Hi ICM,

Your thread has sneaked into Barclays forum during the reshuffle 2 weeks ago. I'll get it put back into PPI forum.

Keep up contact with the FOS to ensure your claim doesn't get forgotten or buried.

Like you say, if you draw a blank with FOS, you can use the Courts.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thread returned to PPI forum.:)

Els

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

• 1 month later...

FOS are now at the point of escalting to the Ombudsman. So nearing the end hopefully

Hi Intercityman.

I'm sure it will be worth the wait. In my experience so far, the FOS have been v. efficient. Long may it last, just about to post off another complaint myself :p

FOS arent that effeicent. Still Waiting now !!! Barclay's appear to be dragging the feet. Still all is not lost if FOS dont come up with good I assume the courts is an option.

EDIT: After a negative answer with my Barclays claim and a VERY LONG wait for hubby's i would say FOS are usually very efficient :D

FOS are now at the point of escalting to the Ombudsman. So nearing the end hopefully

You're doing better than hubby - good luck ;)