Petition to help our students

PriorityOne

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely they will not have to pay it back if their income is below the threshold? They only make payments if their income is above a certain amount (i think it is £15k)

Very true... but while payments are suspended, interest continues to accrue for all those years in between until they reach the age of 65, when (so I have been told) it gets wiped out. This last bit needs verifying though.

Thats how it is PO I am "deferring" my Student loan as they call it and will never be in a position to pay it off, however it will accrue interest everyday it is deferred until you are 65 as you have said and then it wiped out. You have to provide DWP benefit information that has to be signed by the DWP every year , I know because I had my benefit stopped for two weeks as they thought I'd been on a course, thing was the course was 1993/94/95. Once I pointed this out to them they re-instated benefit, still a bugger though.

Hi Priority,

Made my day your smileys thanks, can't load any down for a bit due to

p c problem, but when up and run will be using them a lot. Thanks for signing .

Lynn