Need help settling w Insurance (accident)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, I am asking for any advice. in FEB I was 6 months pregnant and driving w my 2 youngs sons. we were stopped at a red light at major intersection when lady behind me NEVER stopped. immediately my head and neck hurt and I called 911, my 2 sons were ok yet crying bad....not only was I concerned about me I was devasted thinking about my baby girl inside me because we were hit very hard.....ambulance came and removed me onto board and took me and boys to ER...boys were checked over yet ok.....I spent 4 hrs in ER strapped to a board w neck brace to be sure, and then sent for XRAYS....later I was sent to labor and delivery to monitor the baby( Ihad not felt movement for a few hrs and was soooo worried)...we were in L&D another 4 hrs, then released...I was given pain pills for my neck injury and told to rest and follow up w chiro....I went to chiro 2 days later to start my treatment....I could barely turn my head to the right and my back was also messed up....they could not give me real intense treatment since I was pregnant......they fixed my car (progressive) the lady who hit me insurance......and told me to continue treatment.....over 5 months I went at least weekly to chiro if not 2 times...I would have went even more had I had a car everyday and was not hugely pregnant w 2 sons....but I went as often as I could....had my baby girl in JUNE (healthy as could be!!!!) and was released in SEPT from CHIRO...now progressive wants to settle....I would liek to settle w/o attorney.........I did talk w my attorney in june and he said not to even consider settling for me until I am healed so we never discussed my settlment ....but he did say for the kids $1000 per child was good (which was what I offered progressive and they accepted in JULY)....so now I am ready to settle on me....my chiro bill was 20 visits and was $3000...my ER bill I saw was $1200..........I should add my van was in shop for 2 weeks, they gave me a ncie rental....my van needed new bback hatch and new fenders, etc....repair bill was 3800 that they paid already...........so what is a FAIR and reasonable offer to make to progressive...I did suffer from the wreck and no something is entitled as progressive calls me almsot daily wanting me to settle (they have been very nice).........I am in OHIO, any info would be greatly appreciated...

Hi,

I am sorry to hear of your accident, we are unable to help as we are a UK forum, and it is highly unlikely anyone on here will be able to help you with your insurance claim. You will need to find a US based forum to assist you.

Regards

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hello Mariskay123

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident, good to hear that your 2 children are ok after such, and that the birth of your unborn at the time, has been without mis-hap. Congrats upon the new arrival, and warm wishes to your family.

With regards the inccident itself, as Gizmo pointed out, this site is UK based hence the advice given would be for UK law only, if you search the web there will be suitable forums that will assist you in your area, saying such, your Attorney would be able to talk you through any claim process, and injury claim, You pay them for there advice and consultations, therefore there should assist you throughout the whole process of your claims.

Good luck with this matter and best of luck with the new addittion to the family.

Just browsed the web for you, this site might be able to assit you, or there might be a link or two that could help, ConsumerAffairs.Com: Knowledge is Power! Consumer news, reviews, complaints, resources, safety recalls

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.