Banks and the Postal Strike

Conniff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just heard on the radio that the banks have said that late delivery of cc statements will not be accepted as an excuse for late payment.

They say that late delivery is not their fault and that any late payer will be 'fined' £12 and may incure interest.

They are so caring and money grabbing.

yep, it surely is, but I have to say that this isnt a problem of their making and everyone has the capability of viewing their statement online and also making payment, anyone with a pc can do this, so they really dont have an excuse do they, and for people without a pc, they can ring up and get the balance and the min amount payable and also pay it over the phone

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

What might be the situation if you have LBA'd someone to pay up in 14 days and you can't be sure if they might have a payment in the post. Do you go ahead with mcol on day 14, or would that appear to be unreasonable?

I'm balancing that against sending the wrong signals if you don't stick to your own timetable for action and begin to look an easy target.

Well "analyst"...... not your problem that there is a postal strike on!

If they want to hide behind the comment that Conniff said in the first post then it's the same the other way round. Stick to your timetables!! :D

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Well I know this goes against usual advice but what about ringing them? you should be able to tell from that if there has been any movement.

Also if it is a claim against a bank then they can pay the money into your account usually (unless its closed of course!

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

An offer can cross in the post at any time. Besides if they are making you an offer and do not know that you have filed at court they logically won't know about the 8% on top as well. So a part-payment letter could be adapted at some future time. I have decided myself to allow 21 days for any replies and have handed a prelim letter into my local branch this week. If you decide to do this don't forget to ask for a receipt - can't have them denying receiving any communication can we.

I don't think that people should use the postal strikes as an excuse for late payments. You can at least call them, go through their automated systems or look online to see when you're payment is due. It comes around the same time each month so there's really no excuse.

Having worked for a credit card company before, you hear all manner of Jackanory excuses to try and get out of charges, not receiving your statement isn't one that'll get you a no questions asked refund.

I know the charges lawfullness is in question, but there's times when the consumer is to blame a lot of the time and should pay the fee.

I think you are contradicting yourself there.. If the fees are unlawful why should they not be claimed back? There must be many reasons why people don't pay on time but saying they should pay because of a lame excuse is not the point IMHO.

I think you are contradicting yourself there.. If the fees are unlawful why should they not be claimed back? There must be many reasons why people don't pay on time but saying they should pay because of a lame excuse is not the point IMHO.

We are discussing credit card fees which have already been investigated and reduced by the OFT, so the lawfullness of them should no longer bear any factor over them, do you not agree?

so the lawfullness of them should no longer bear any factor over them, do you not agree?

The OFT did not state that £12 is a lawful charge, nor did they state that consumers can not challenge the charge, neither do the OFT make legal rulings on the lawfulness of £12 as a charge. That is why people have successfully claimed £12 charges back (you may have missed that fact). So in answer to your question, no I do not agree with you.
  • Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.