• Tweets

• Have you put a formal claim into Hermes? I think you should put formal claims into Hermes in respect of each one. I suggest that you leave it about five days apart so that they are treated completely separately. Hermes of course will refuse to compensate you – but then we will help you begin a legal action against them. Once again, I think that your best interests will be served by claiming and suing for only one of them – and then the second one separately once you have the result of the first one. We will help you all the way – but you need to start off by reading around the stories on the sub- forum about Hermes complaints and actions against Hermes. You need to understand the mediation process – and there are lots of good summaries on the sub- forum. Also you should read around on this website about the steps involved bringing a small claim in the County Court. Begin the claims process with Hermes so that you get a denial of liability – and then we will go to the next step.
    • The luxury car manufacturer says its battery-powered sports cars will be made in Warwickshire. View the full article
    • Well please can you search everything and get all your documents together. Read them. Understand what you have. And they make sure they are properly filed. Do you have the name and address of the driver? Also I believe that you said that you had received a message from your own insurer saying that you were liable – or something like that. Please can you reproduce that message here – preferably in PDF format   Don't respond to anyone without checking with us first. We would want to know why you are being asked to contact people. However, you definitely need to contact your insurer tomorrow as I've already suggested. You really need to find out what's going on, why they have made the decision that they have and you want copies. Don't tell them that you sent them on SAR. Keep that a completely separate matter – but simply ask them on the telephone to have copies of all the documents that they have assembled in respect of this case. Once again, you should be recording this.  
    • As i stated above, i found out a document from my draw that admirel had sent me on the 25th of january. I found it out to see if it had any information about the van. Then i saw that it said ' section l -witnesses , then a male name .
    • You say that you have only just found out that the van driver has apparently got witnesses to the accident. How did you just find this out?
  • Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 25 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• **Tilly**

• johnnymitch

• pinkduchess

• Rooster-UK

Bang! ;)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

bang

Bang! ;)

Copycat! :-D

Explosion

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Argument

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Conveniences

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Oops sorry caro - I didn't look back far enough :oops::D

I don't believe - I just did it again :rolleyes:

convents

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm trying tills ----- pant ! .........gasp! :D

Beverley

Nemo me impune lacessit

hillbillies

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yokels

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hands tills a clout round the ear'ole :razz:- rofl

peasants :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

suit ;)

nite all ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! :D

Nemo me impune lacessit

card

nite jm

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you