• Tweets

• Firstly, even if they get away with this, it doesn't mean you won't win.  The solicitor can eloquently waffle on as long as they like that the signage isn't carp.  I'm afraid the signage is carp and the photos show it is.   Virtually everyone who has beaten these companies in court was facing a solicitor, but still won.   So do what dx, Andy and the court woman said.  Write to the court now pointing out this is a supplementary WS and it was submitted to you & the court 17 days after the deadline albeit with a date on to pretend it was written before the deadline, and you invite the court not to accept it.   If you get nowhere, then challenge it on the day in court.
    • 21st April for them to produce, personally I think this is way too much time for them😪 Order of the Sheriff-1.pdf
    • My daughter has been selling unwanted items, mostly clothes, for a couple of years now with no problems until recently.  She sold to someone in Germany before Christmas, which was claimed never got there, so obviously paypal refunded the buyer, no questions, despite her never having any problems before now, which left a negative balance.  She sent it using Hermes, something I have only just realised was a big mistake.  She has proof of postage given to her when the package was collected, although the reference number is now not recognised by Hermes, so getting in touch with them to find out what happened to her parcel is impossible (as many social media platforms have confirmed this).   So the outcome is that while we were trying to get in touch with Hermes, paypal have, very quickly, passed this on to Moorcroft who are now hassling her.  I have told her not to worry about Moorcroft as everyone knows how these people operate, I have reassured her that there will be no visit to the door from anyone.   The only concern she has is whether it will affect her credit file, as she has worked hard to get a good credit rating over the last 4 years and doesn't want something like this to destroy it.  My thought is that it can't as it is not credit, and she hasn't gained financially in any way, quite the opposite really, so it can't have any negative impact on her credit file?  She is prepared to give Moorcrost the money just to get it sorted, but I don't want her to be hasty in giving them people anything.   I've looked at a few posts similar to this and my understanding is that this is correct but just need reassurance to pass on to her.   Thank you
    • It was granted on 17th Feb and i requested to their Leeds address below:   Hermes UK Capitol House 1 Capitol Close Morley LEEDS LS27 0WH   This does look like the correct Hermes UK office address though?
    • You have a judgement against Hermes? When was it granted? You should apply for execution of the judgement immediately. You shouldn't even be asking us. One thing though – you should check that you have actually serve the papers on a real physical address. We have had one case recently against virgin where we discovered that the papers have been served on a postcode – but it was actually a redirection address and that there was no physical address which could be visited by bailiffs. What address did you use for the claim?
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3735 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• **Tilly**

• johnnymitch

• pinkduchess

• Rooster-UK

Spring

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

colours

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

GREEN :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

BLUE :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

MAGENTA.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

pink

What's Best for You?

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

WHITE :D

Man

I was going to do white, Jo...... Damn, I missed it.

Baby

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

naughty

What's Best for You?

step

step

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Two

Military (Two-Step)

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

dancing

What's Best for You?

Boom

bang

What's Best for You?

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3735 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you