• Tweets

• HI Guys, sorry to ask again but is there anyway I can appeal against this or is all lost?   Many thanks   Hugh
    • That's what's so depressing. They're refusing to learn from countries who got it right and just spending a fortune on reinventing the wheel and parallel systems that don't work, run by their cronies.
    • ... and Johnson says, and demonstrates he has no intention of learning any lessons until (much) later
    • Name of the Claimant ?  - school's name Date of Issue - 26 Jan 2021 The claimant is a provider of educational services who entered into an agreement with the Defendant for the provision of said services. Under this agreement the Claimant provided the Defendant with services in total sum of £3000 which the Defendant has failed to pay nor given any indication was to when payment can be expected. In addition to the sum above, the claimant seeks contractual interest at a rate of 8% from the date payment fell due in the sum of £180, and continuing at a daily rate of £0.65. The Claimant has also inccured debt recovery costs in pursuing the outstanding invoice in the sum of  £337.50. And the Claimant claims: Initial Debt £3000 Interest £180 Debt Recovery Costs: £337.50 Costs and Disbursements  The claimant claims interest under s69 CCA 1984 at the rate of 8% from 1/4/2020 to 25/01/2021 on £3,000 and also at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £0.65   Amount Claimed: £3500 Court fee: £185 Legal representative's costs: £80 Total: £3765   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? - I have not. I believe my ex-wife has received correspondence, but don't know how compliant it is.   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? - technically before that, but I did not inform them, so....   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? - yes they were informed several months ago   Is the claim for - school fees   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  - I am not exactly sure. Probably about July 2007? First child entered in September 2007. Second child (subject of claim) later. But don't know how many agreements exist.   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement - probably signed something?   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files - no   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim - original creditor. debt collector is involved as the 'solicitor's address'   Why did you cease payments? - change of financial circumstances   What was the date of your last payment?  - January 2020   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  - some issues with limited education because of covid   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? - yes, no   If you have not already done so – send a CCA request to the claimant for a copy of your agreement - not applicable I think?     --- next step presumably would be to get a copy of the agreement under which the fees are claimed?
    • Topic moved to General legal Issues forum in view of the court claim/s   Please read the following link and then copy and paste the relevant Q,s and your responses back here for further advice.Dont do anything until advised.     Regards  Andy       .      
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3706 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• **Tilly**

• johnnymitch

• pinkduchess

• Rooster-UK

face ? :oops: lol

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

lips

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

tongue

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Garden

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

alpha

Classical

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Pitmans

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Dictation

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Alphabet

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Phonetics

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3706 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you