N Power bill problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've lived in my flat since August 2006, i contacted Npower to inform them i was living there, gave them my details and readings and then 3 months later recieved a bill which i paid. All great i thought, then it got to April this year i hadn;t recieved another bill so i rang them up, they told me it had been sent out but still i recieved nothing.. I continued to ring and pester then in August this year i recieved a letter telling me they were applying for a court warrant to cut my electric off!! I told them i hadn't recieved a bill all year so they sent me one for £306 which they set up a payment plan to pay it off. I paid the first installment... Then, they sent me a letter telling me they had been billing me for the wrong flat for the last year!!! I have already made payments of £170 (100 for the bill i got last year and 70 for the first insallment on the payment plan) for a year which i know isn't a years electric but it's just from the bills i've had. I've now stopped making payments in this plan until i get MY OWN bill but is there anything N power will do in the mean time if i don't carry on payng on this payment plan even though it is not my own??

Npower could continue to take action, even though you have stated your case. Such as putitng the debt to a debt collection agency.

I would make payments as agreed previously , as presumably you do owe them something?! THen at least you are showing willing to pay your bills.

I would get in touch asap with Energywatch.

Good luck, hope you get sorted

Red

DO get in contact with energywatch and put your dispute in writing to Npower - I had a dispute over my bill, which they acknowledged, and they still got a warrant without my knowledge and fitted a key meter which i am STILL fighting to have removed.

Always cover your backside with these peole, that's my advice.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

At least you have it in writing from them that they billed you incorrectly

Whatever you do, keep that letter in a safe place.

If you do stop paying, I think that you must write to them saying why, just in case they come afetr you like they did Tiglet. I would have thought that not having a bill for the correct property is a valid reason. They can't expect you to pay some-one else's bill.

I would send a second copy to the department that set up your payment plan as well.

Grumpy

You'd think having in in writing would stop them, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, that's what I thought too and it didn't, so would strongly advise getting energywatch involved.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 weeks later...

I would just get straight onto energywatch, personally. You've given them plenty of opportunity and NP seem to have the problem of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

• 2 weeks later...