• Tweets

• Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
    • Sorry, I got confused  Yes, it states all three   Thanks, 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide Credit Card debt Any help appreciated!!!

sytra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THROUGH AN INCORRECT DEFAULT NOTICE, ON WHAT BASIS CAN A CLAIM FOR DAMAGES BE MADE REF Kpohraror V Woolwich Building Society

hi postggj,

have a read of this thread - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/data-protection-default-issues/115630-pricing-default.html?highlight=pricing

All advice is offered freely & without prejudice

If my post has been useful to you please click the scales

• 1 month later...
Sytra - yours is not a valid default notice. they had a good defence in depth then went to pieces in the last ten minutes.

They have to specify a date. doing the "add 14 days to date A" routine means it does not meet the prescribed terms. And.. "before the date shown" is not underlined OR in bold.

It is an invalid default notice and as they haven't issued a valid one then they cannot even start enforcement.

They are prescribed terms. Can't a BS the size of Nationwide find someone that can read a simple statutory instrument. You might want to beat them to the post by applying under s142 for a declaration that it does not meet the prescribed terms.

PS - there are other faults - but I'm not saying yet!

Can you tell us yet what the other faults are yet???

Sytra

Hi thought i had better start a new thread on this one as it spread over the whole site at the minute...

story goes applied for CCA back in Oct 07, got an application form in return, a couple of respected peeps on this site have said it is unenforceable (ie no t&C's, cant read the small print, no interest rate etc).

Posted a copy of default notice here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/121986-what-makes-default-void.html?highlight=sytra

Again not a valid default...

Thought i would try again, so sent them this template (amended to suit)

Dear Sir or Madam

Account number - xxxxxxxxxx

Sort Code - xxxxxx

After recently obtaining a copy of my credit file from Experian I was concerned to note that your company has placed a "Default" notice against a joint account in my and my wife's name.

Further to this neither I nor my wife have a recollection of ever receiving such a notice, and I therefore require you to substantiate this data at your earliest convenience.

1. You must supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement you refer to. This is my right under your obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within s.78 (1) Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit). Your obligation also extends to providing a statement of account. I enclose a £1 postal order in payment of the statutory fee, PO Serial Number 1587 716732.

2. You must supply me with a signed true and certified copy of the original default notice

3. Any deed of assignment if the debt was sold on

I would request that this data is provided to myself within the next 28 days, if you are unable to provide this data then I must insist that it is removed from my files as unsubstantiated.

Yours faithfully

Got their response today and they say

" 1) enclosed is a copy of your credit card application. (identicle to the last one)

2) The original default notice is our responsibility to look after, but we have attatched a sample copy of the default notice. (identical to the one issued, so still invalid)

Do they have to send a true copy of the actual default or would as they claim a template be acceptable?

now i know that everything so far is invalid but i would like them to remove the default, i intend to write back advising them that the agreement is unenforceable and that the default is invalid, but does anyone have a good letter i could use or borrow?

Any help appreciated

Sytra

Hi Sytra!

Do they have to send a true copy of the actual default or would as they claim a template be acceptable?

now i know that everything so far is invalid but i would like them to remove the default, i intend to write back advising them that the agreement is unenforceable and that the default is invalid, but does anyone have a good letter i could use or borrow?

Any help appreciated

Take a look at the info contained within Surlybonds Thread...

Defaults - A proposed method of removal

...He was one of the original successful CAG trailblazers in this field...;)

...:)

Ok looked about a little more, does this letter sound ok? i am no good at composing letters so have used bits and pieces from various contributors.

Dear ,

Account Number: XXX

Re; your recent reply to my request under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I note that you have replied to the above by sending a copy of an application form, a template of a default notice and template letter, I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with the request and that your company is still in default under the act.

The agreement that you have sent does not conform to section 60 of the consumer credit act in that it does not contain any of the information, protection or remedies required by the agreement regulations 1983/1553. In addition I note that the document sent does not contain any of the prescribed terms as required under section 6 of the regulations and is therefore unenforceable under 127(3).

As you have only sent copies of templates regarding the Default I am unable to ascertain that the correct procedure was carried out, If a notice was sent out as laid out in your template notice then I regret to inform you that this does not comply with the regulations and again is unenforceable and should be removed from my credit files with immediate effect.

As the credit agreement you have sent is invalid then any alleged default is also invalid anyway.

I require you to provide a true copy of my credit agreement (not an application form) and also a true certified copy of the alleged default notice before the 7th March 2008.

I hope this explains why your reply was unacceptable I await a True copy of my agreement and default notice and would remind you again that whilst the request has not been complied with the default continues

Yours faithfully

i would love any feedback on this :confused:

oops realised i forgot to mention in the letter they have failed to send any t&c's

Or would it be better something along the lines of:

Dear ,

Re; your recent reply to my request under section 77-79 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

I note that you have replied to the above by sending a copy of an application form, a template of a default notice and template letter, you have failed to send any terms and conditions that were in force at the time any application was signed. I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with the request and that your company is still in default under the act.

I require you to provide a true copy of my credit agreement and also a true certified copy of the alleged default notice before the 7th March 2008.

I hope this explains why your reply was unacceptable I await a True copy of my agreement and default notice and would remind you again that whilst the request has not been complied with the default continues

If you insist that what you have sent fulfills your obligations for a request under s.77 - s.79 of the consumer credit act then please confirm this in writing.

Yours faithfully

I think that sounds a bit better, gets my point across and at the same time giving them more rope to hang themselves with, as i know from various responses here that the agreement is unenforceable 127(3) and that the default notice is invalid.. so just trying to get them to put it in writing that that is all they have.

Any thoughts??

This is a copy of a letter i have on the thread above, please can someone offer some advice on the content?

I want to try and get it out asap.

Dear ,

I note that you have replied to the above by sending a copy of an application form, a template of a default notice and template letter, you have failed to send any terms and conditions that were in force at the time any application was signed. I must inform you that this is not sufficient to comply with the request and that your company is still in default under the act.

I require you to provide a true copy of my credit agreement and also a true certified copy of the alleged default notice before the 7th March 2008.

If you insist that what you have sent fulfills your obligations for a request under s.77 - s.79 of the consumer credit act then please confirm this in writing.

Yours faithfully

I think that sounds a bit better, gets my point across and at the same time giving them more rope to hang themselves with, as i know from various responses here that the agreement is unenforceable 127(3) and that the default notice is invalid.. so just trying to get them to put it in writing that that is all they have.

Any thoughts??

Thanks

I think you're doing fine at the moment Sytra....is there any chance that you can scan what they have sent you ? (cross out all the personal details) and post it on here using photobucket or similar ? We can devise a letter based on what is on the application (I presume it doesn't contain all the prescribed terms ?)....

Ok here goes first the letter that was sent with my request,

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/sytra_photos/NWLetter.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/sytra_photos/NWLetterpt2.jpg

the cca the wonderful pbard has already said that it is unenforceable under 127(3) so have a few others.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/sytra_photos/CCA.jpg

The default has been viewed on the site before and declared incorrect, here is the template they sent.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/sytra_photos/Defaultlettertemplate.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd295/sytra_photos/Defaulttemplate.jpg

Hope all this works

Thanks

Sytra

I am pleased to see that you confirm this as a true copy of the original agreement executed by yourselves on the 26th July 2007.

As you must realise this agreement does not conform to sections 60(1) and 61(1) of the Consumer credit Act and is therefore unenforceable under section 127(3) of the same act.

You had until (date here) to provide me with the true copy I requested. After that date you entered into default of my request. Whilst the account is in dispute, you are not permitted to ask for any payment, nor am I obliged to offer any payment to you. Furthermore, whilst the dispute remains, you are not entitled to charge any interest on the account, make any further charges to the account or pass the account to anybody else. I would also like to note that as from the (12+2 working days + 30 calendar days) it becomes a criminal offence.

Please note you may also consider this letter a statutory notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect. This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies including any defaults. Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data. It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’, you must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you fail to respond within 21 days, I will expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

If I post the defaults I have recived from the RBS here would someone take a look at them please to see if they are enforceable. I have also today sent them a letter to request CCA for the four accounts they say I had??

MBNA - £308.40 charges refunded :roll:

Halifax - £190.00 charges refunded

RBS - £2100.00 bank charges refunded :p

RBS - Pursuing PPI claim and removal of 3 defaults

Barclaycard - £290.00 charges refunded

T-Mobile - default removed :grin:

Littlewoods - no CCA - removed account

Forth Housing - CCJ to remove :mad:

Lloyds TSB - Pursuing refund of £800 charges

JD Williams - no CCA - pursuing

• 1 month later...

At the moment the Default notice I am looking at [not mine] has at least 3 mistakes each of which render it invalid.

As the default has been recently issued and they are just threatening at the moment [everything short of hanging drawing and quartering though], is it better to let them go through all the motions and only draw their attention to

the invalidity of the default at the court stage as my mate hasn't got the

wherewithal to pay the amount as yet.

Obviously they will issue him with a new default notice then which may be compliant, but it will give him some breathing space in the meantime.

PS Thanks PT2537 for posting the actual wording of the default terms-was a big help. And of course to Edz11 [i thought it was legs11] for the bit about the date.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question!!

Does a bank or CC company have to keep a copy of the original default notice or can they just hide behind sample copy / template defaults?

NW say that the original is sent to us and it is up to us to look after it but they sent us a sample copy.

Sytra

What rubbish! Of course they should keep a copy of the default notice, otherwise you can claim one was never sent!!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

apparently just having an entry on their computer system stating one was sent is enough though allegedly. I've got a complaint outstanding with FOS hinged on this very point and a lack of CCA as well so I hope it's not the case.

[COLOR=blue][B]Defaultless since 2012 :)[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=green][/COLOR]