Nationwide Credit Card debt Any help appreciated!!!

sytra
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i have been a member of the forums for a while now and find them very informative.

I however now have a problem i could do with some help with, my wife has had a nationwide account and credit card for years now and never had any probs. Things have gone wrong and we are very short of money as a result missed a couple of payments on the credit card, tried explaining to nationwide with no success.

Nationwide have now cancelled the credit card but are still adding over £100 in interest and charges each month to the account, bearing in mind we are only managing to pay about £50 pm of the account the balance is just shooting up further, is there anyway we can try and stop the interest being added so that at least we can bring the balance down a little bit??? :???:

Also they have informed us that as a result of the credit card being in arrears they have closed one of my wifes accounts that had an overdraft facility and now they are demanding the full amount of the overdraft in one go, can they do this as now we are in even more xxxx than before as the total of the card and overdraft a is now nearly £16000.

We have already started to recieve letters from KPR debt recovery (a trading name of Nationwide) demanding money.

As we have a number of other accounts with nationwide all with a minimum amount of money in them, but money we need nonetheless, would it be better to try and open accounts elsewhere incase they decide to close those aswell??

Sorry it is so long, but any help is very much appreciated, and if these questions have been answered elsewhere then i appologise but i am just getting so confused with things at the minute.

Thanks

Sytra

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, i have been a member of the forums for a while now and find them very informative.

I am not sure where to post this so have posted here and in nationwide thread.

I however now have a problem i could do with some help with, my wife has had a nationwide account and credit card for years now and never had any probs. Things have gone wrong and we are very short of money as a result missed a couple of payments on the credit card, tried explaining to nationwide with no success.

Nationwide have now cancelled the credit card but are still adding over £100 in interest and charges each month to the account, bearing in mind we are only managing to pay about £50 pm of the account the balance is just shooting up further, is there anyway we can try and stop the interest being added so that at least we can bring the balance down a little bit??? :confused:

Also they have informed us that as a result of the credit card being in arrears they have closed one of my wifes accounts that had an overdraft facility and now they are demanding the full amount of the overdraft in one go, can they do this as now we are in even more xxxx than before as the total of the card and overdraft a is now nearly £16000.

We have already started to recieve letters from KPR debt recovery (a trading name of Nationwide) demanding money.

As we have a number of other accounts with nationwide all with a minimum amount of money in them, but money we need nonetheless, would it be better to try and open accounts elsewhere incase they decide to close those aswell??

Sorry it is so long, but any help is very much appreciated, and if these questions have been answered elsewhere then i appologise but i am just getting so confused with things at the minute.

Thanks

Sytra

Hi again, we have been thinking about this and we dont remember signing an agreement, we think we applied for the card, got accepted then card arrived but not sure about an agreement think she just signe an application form??? do you think it would be best to CCA or SAR them to try and get a copy of the agreement? if i am correct and we SAR them then will we have a copy of the charges applied over the course of the last few years, is this right? Also either way we go would this put the account into dispute and stop them from passing the debt to another DCA?

Sorry for all the questions

Sytra

Hi everyone, please could someone help with a small credit card prob!!

We sent a CCA request of the other day to Nationwide for a credit card debt it was signed for on Tuesday this week... then today we get a phonecall from a solicitors regarding this debt..

My question is as we have requeste the CCA does this put the account into dispute and if so are they allowed to get solicitors to chase the money? when i spoke to the solicitors he didnt even know what a CCA was? besides the account is in my wifes name but he still spoke to me, surely thats breaching the data protection act?

The solicitors are called Brown & White or Graham White their number is 01932 332032 but i cant find any info on them.

thanks for your help

Sye

Did you mention on your CCA request that you were disputing the debt?

Under s2.8k of the OFT debt collection guidance, they would be undertaking an unfair practice by not holding action whilst there is a dispute in place. This is certainly something you could raise with them in your next letter, also question their "fitness" to hold a consumer credit licence.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this, we CCA'd Nationwide for our credit card agreement, they have replied by sending just an A4 sheet of paper photocopied with my partners details, i am going to try and put a copy up for you to see.

It starts with credit card application blah blah but this is all they have sent, got no T & C's and cant make the agreement small print out, it is way too small.

I realise that they must obviously have the original otherwise they could not have shrunk this down so much. i cant see anything to do with interest rates etc.

Am i correct in thinking that this is not full compliance and they are still in default?

Any help appreciated

Sytra

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/105315-my-agreement-enforceable-useful.html

Have a read at this, the first post details all the prescribed terms that your "agreement" should have on it.

If the paperwork they sent you says "application" then that's what it is and they have not complied with your request.

Sorry, no good with photobucket so can't help there.

Not sure if i did this right!!

nationwidecreditag.jpg

ANy thoughts

Sytra

Well seems to have worked, believe it or not this is nearly the original size, as i say the whole lot is one side of A4 paper.

ok, i cant see the small text so you need to look and see if it says the credit limit,APR% and how the repayments are to be made.

it is an application form and you could argue that it is Void under S59(1) CCA 1974 but i would rather rely upon a stronger arguement such as there are missing prescribed terms

regards

paul

Would you suggest that i write to NW and tell them of non compliance or should i just wait as the 30 days starts tomorrow then write after they are up and NW have committed an offence?

Sorry about all the questions :rolleyes:

Sytra

Would you suggest that i write to NW and tell them of non compliance or should i just wait as the 30 days starts tomorrow then write after they are up and NW have committed an offence?

Sorry about all the questions :rolleyes:

Sytra

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket upload the scanned copy of your agreement here and post it on Consumer Credit Act Agreements thread for best advice on agreement enforceability.

The above posts are difficult to follow.

Rgds

MAC

I'm not an expert so check everything I tell you, however click me scales if I've been useful.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

There is no freemasonry like the freemasonry of Golf

ok,

this document is still very difficult to read so i cant tell what if any prescribed terms are in there

it must show the repayments, APR and when the payments will be due

if none of this is in the document then they have failed to comply with the requirements of s60 CCA 1974

as a result it would be unenforcable under s127 CCA 1974

regards

paul

• 1 month later...

Hi hopefully someone can help with this, we have CCA'd Nationwide in respect of a CC, this is dealt with in another thread.

BUT in April we were sent a default notice in respect of this account, the Default is dated 9th April for the amount of 8,900.08, my question is that i have been going over and over the statements and besides the charges i cannot find a balance of this amount, the highest i can find is 8,822.36 and this was in april..... will this make the default void? the balance in March was 8,822.36 and in may it was 8,772.36.

Any help appreciated.

Sytra

Can you post a copy of the Defaul Notice, there are certain terms which are required to be in the document and they also need to be in the correct case too

if the figure are incorrect there is an argument that the notice is invalid per Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swainand Co - [2001] GCCR 2255

but its easier to look over the doc and see if there is anything which would render it invalid

regards

paul

okey dokey, i need to pull up the regulations relating(Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561)) to this just to check the document against them.

bear with me as i have quite a bit on at the mo and we will see what we can come up with

regards

paul