Restons Solicitors Limited

mh1234
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Now I'm doing the debt collecting:D These guys were chasing me on behalf of HFC for missed payments. First of all they put a charge on my property, then they applied to CAPS for an attachment of earnings order. I asked for the said order to be set aside so I could make the payments my self without them contacting my employer. I made two payments, the 2nd one being a day or two late. They then went ahead with the order. My employers paid CAPS for both August and September. Just before September's CAPS payment was deducted from my wages I went to my local county court and paid the balance off in full. So September's payment was an over payment. I have emailed the Solicitor or legal executive what ever she is, asking that they refund me the over payment, remove the charge from my property and not deduct any more through CAPS. Her response was that there was still several hundred pounds outstanding and that the CAPS order would stay in place until the debt was clear. They owe me £200 and I want it back NOW!!! I have emailed her back and told her I have proof that all these payments have been made and that she re-check her records. Any advice would be great:evil:

Have you got a copy of the judgment?

Was there any request for interest after judgment on the order?

Was there even provision for interest after judgment in the agreement (if applicable)

Have you proof that all payments have been made and then some?

To be honest they haven't been too bad. But once they get there teeth in they don't let go. I have seen the judgment. No request for interest, and I have proof of every payment made to them. They just seem to be a bit sloppy with there records and still think they have the upper hand even though I have settled the debt.

• 2 weeks later...