• Tweets

• a 'witness' to it not arriving till the 15th is sadly immaterial too. regardless to the above anyway, the PCN remains valid. 
    • Hmm yes I see your point about proof of postage but nonetheless... "A Notice to Keeper can be served by ordinary post and the Protection of Freedoms Act requires that the Notice, to be valid,  must be delivered either (Where a notice to driver (parking ticket) has been served) Not earlier than 28 days after, nor more than 56 days after, the service of that notice to driver; or (Where no notice to driver has been served (e.g ANPR is used)) Not later than 14 days after the vehicle was parked A notice sent by post is to be presumed, unless the contrary is proved, to have been delivered on the second working day after the day on which it is posted; and for this purpose “working day” means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or a public holiday in England and Wales." My question there is really what might constitute proof? Since you say the issue of delivery is a common one I suppose that no satisfactory answer has been established or you would probably have told me.
    • I would stand your ground and go for the interest. Even if the interest is not awarded you will get the judgement and the worst that might happen is that you won't get your claim fee.  However, it is almost inevitable that you will get the interest.  It is correct that it is at the discretion of the judge but the discretion is almost always exercised in favour of the claimant in these cases.  I think you should stand your ground and don't give even the slightest penny away Another judgement against them on this issue would be very bad for them and they would be really stupid to risk it but if they did, it would cost them far more than the interest they are trying to save which they will most likely have to pay anyway
    • Yep, true to form, they are happy to just save a couple of quid... They invariably lose in court, so to them, that's a win. 😅
    • Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help - Court Has Stayed Case

jan001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, ive been dealing with this address and it seems to be the correct one.

Customer Service Recovery Centre

5th floor

125 Colmore Row

Birmingham

B3 3SF

good luck ;)

hairybear ;)

lloyds tsb - preliminary sent 25/07/06 (recorded)

replyed 08/08/06

08/08/06 lba letter sent(recorded delivery)

01/09/06 sent 2nd lba letter to lloyds replyed

08/09/06 told not doing anything no offer made :mad:

19/09/06 - filed claim with money claim,

20/09/06 - issued

02/10/06 -claim acknowledged

19/10/06 - defence served

24/10/06 - copy of defence & AQ recieved

07/11/06 - deadline for AQ return

07/11/06 - took AQ to courts& paid £100

07/11/06a lso sent copy to SCM recorded with another copy of charge

10/11/06 recieved copy of **** AQ, requesting 1 month, also stating not available november

16/11/06 recieved court date set for FEBRUARY 13th 2007

Hi Janinekirby

Good luck with your claim.

Please note you've posted this in the success stories. If you PM a moderator, they'll transfer your thread into the normal Lloyds forum so that we can all track your success (unless you know something already!!!!!!)

Hi All

Just letting you know I have now completed my spread sheet of charges and written my first "request for repayment of charges" letter and will be sending these recorded delivery tomorrow.

Will keep you posted.

Wish me luck.

Janine x :p

• 2 weeks later...

Morning All

Just keeping you up to date with developments with my case.

Well the 14 days is up and I have not even been grace with an "up yours" letter from Lloyds and so I sent yesterday my "letter before action" letter, with an updated spreadsheet to take into account the extra £90 they have taken of me in the last 14 days Grrrrrr (CAN I DO THIS?).

I think I am getting confused about the interest that is mentioned in the letter though, I have put in the letter they owe me £985.00 plus interest of £82.97, but I have taken that interest of the spread sheet which I think may be the 8% should it go to court. Can someone just advise what the interest is I should be putting in the letter at this stage. I have not included general interest charged on my account, which I beleive I cant do? (PLEASE ADVISE?).

Has anybody fighting Lloyds ever made it to court or have they always settled out of court?

Be nice to hear from you.

Janine. x :)

Hi Janine,

The interest noted on the spreadsheet refers to Overdraft Interest. You can edit that section out if you prefer, as the overdraft interest can be quite tough to calculate - it has to be proportional to the penalty charges which are contained within your overdraft. You shouldn't, however, have mentioned the 8% figure on the letter, as it is only relevent when you actually file the claim. Shouldn't be an issue, not like we actually expect Lloyds to read our letters any more.

There is no problem with changing the figure on your LBA - you can change it right up to filing the claim.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Evening All

Need some advice please?

I have now sent my "Letter Before Action" letter off (last Thursday) but have since received a reply from Lloyds with the expected "Sod Off" letter.

An interesting paragraph in there though that they are possibly trying to throw me.

I used the "preliminary approach for repayment letter" in templates and in the response from Lloyds they add the following paragraph:

You've mentioned the new guidelines from the Office of Fair Trading on credit card default charges. We don't agree with the OFT's thinking on this and we're still talking it through with them. But the important point is that the guidelines only concern "default" charges. The fees we charge for going over an overdraft limit and for returned payments are not any kind of default payment. They are fixed standard prices for the service we provide in these situations. So according to our legal experts, the OFT's guidelines on credit card default charges do not in any way apply.

Is it me or are they talking a load of poo!!!!

My letter does not event mention credit card charges!?

Any comments would be great, thanks.

Hi Janine,

Im just a few days/ couple of weeks behind you.

I sent off my prim LBA last week, and no reply as yet, and im not expecting one.

Reminder going out next week, and then i'll expect the "go away" letter at some point.

Would be great if you can continue to update us all, and any hint tips, etc would be appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig

Sounds like you are at the same time as me. I sent my LBA letter last Thursday (6 October). I am not expecting anything positve back and so am researching as many threads as I can ready for filing my claim next week and putting together my court case. I hope it dont get that far but from what I can gather they wait til the very last second to see if you break, BUT NOT ME, NO WAY!!!!!

Keep me informed how you are going.

Good luck.

Morning All

I am going to file my N1 claim with moneyclaim tomorrow and have printed off a couple of things to help me, but would really appreciate it if someone could show me a sample of what you have sent, especially a sample of the actual form filled in.

Its getting scary now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Janine. x :p

Claimant: Your name and address

Defendant: XXXXX Bank Plc and Registered address

Brief Details: The claimant has a bank account with the defendant The defendant deducted from the account various amounts of money in penalty charges. The claimant contends that these charges were legally unenforceable and the claimant is demanding the repayment of money.

Value:

Bank charges (and overdraft interest if claimed) - £XXXX

Data Protection Act Fee - £XX (if claimed)

S69 8% Interest - £XXX

Total of - £XXXX

Plus daily interest at 8% of £0.XXp from the date of issue until settlement.

Amount claimed: Charges + Data Protection Act +S69 8% Interest - £XXX

Court fees: XXXXX

Sols costs; None

Human Rights: No

POC: See here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...hard-copy.html

Ok, I have been sat here for ages now reading comment after comment and things are still not too clear. I've read the 'Rules of Engagement' and about how it could all get nasty ..... All I want is to reclaim my charges from Lloyds but am not sure in what order I should be doing it. I attacked the spreadsheet a few weeks ago and got all the figures in the right boxes (I hope) and am now ready to roll? Unfortunately I'm not great with sites like these and I can't seem to find the letter templates that I have read about -I feel awful silly having to ask this but can one, or all of you guys please steer me in the right direction??

Hello.

Quick question - I am filing my N1 form tomorrow and now that we are getting charged again at the end of the month. Can I update the amount owing to us after filing the claim form later on down the line (e.g. when sending questionaire or further letters) or from hereon in would it have to be classed as a new claim.

Thanks.

hi janine

im just a bit ahead of you now im just waiting anxiously, i was like you thinking its getting scarey until i got talking to a guy who worked at the tsb and i mentioned about the charges and he smiled and said to me "there not legal and the staff know it". lets all stand up to these bullying banks good luck janine

Thank you Micheal and Steve

Very reassuring words, thanks. Gonna march down them courts today, head in air, I will get my money back.

Speak to you soon.

Janine. x :p

Hi Folks,

Just returned off holiday, with two letters posted from lloyds, andover office.

The 1st one stating, they are unhappy that im unhappy, and they will take a look at my charges.

then the 2nd one, saying they have looked, and belived they have charged me correctly, and that this is there final letter.

So what now people?

Is it a N1 form??

And is it easy enough to do, is there anything i need to know.

Cheers

Craig