delayed flight-missed connection

shirleyc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5081 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello,

Anyone know if any compensation can be claimed if a delayed flight makes you miss a connecting flight?

my parents booked man-gatwick-varna.the manchester flight was late +so gatwick flight had already gone.what bothers me is the original booking times only allowed 45 mins to catch this flight.Man flight was late taking off-the connecting flights gates were locked anyway at gatwick so no chance to get to boarding gate even if flight was on time.

the airport staff gave parents food vouchers +arranged another flight .this was following day+entailed gatwick to sofia +then sofia to varna.

they finally arrived ok but this caused a lot of hassle for elderly people.they lost a day of their holiday and were very stressed by their ordeal.

their original flights were booked online through BA so I would have thought that the timings given should have made allowances for slight delays to enable connecting flights to be caught.IMO even if flight was on time it would be difficult to get to appropriate gate in time.can

anyone help please? shirl

Hi shirley,

I had a look on BA 's website but I am struggling to find anything to help you apart from what they will do if you miss a connection due a delay of over 5 hours which does not apply to you.

What I did find though is a page detailing what you need to do and where to go for connecting flights at LGW.

It says you need to get to your departure gate 40 minutes before your flight departs and in some cases, collect your bags and check in again for the connecting flight (unless you have checked in all the way to your destination at MAN).

Personally, I would never leave it so tight. 45 minutes is nowhere near enough time even if the flight was on time. LGW by all accounts is a nightmare!

However, I agree that it seems crazy for them to even give those flight times as an option to you in the first place.

Did your parents have to pay for the new flights?

I think it is likely they will quote some deeply hidden Terms & Conditions but you don't lose anything by trying. Write to them at:

British Airways

Customer

Relations (S506)

PO Box 5619

Sudbury

Suffolk

CO10 2PG

Loubychew

I am not a travel lawyer. All info is based on my own experience of working in the travel industry in resort.

many thanks loubychew,

no my parents didnt have to pay for new flights,but even so they lost a days hol +were v. stressed by it all.

I also think 45 mins is too short a time for connecting.We'll try writing-as you say nothing to lose!thanx again shirl

shirleyc,

Have a look at this very interesting site. It should help you. Good luck.

Air Passenger Rights - HomePage

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 4 weeks later...