Dmd -4- Moderator

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Further to Bankfodders announcement i'ld like to formally offer my services as a Site Helper or more preferably as a Moderator as I have the experience!

edit: To add, that long before I found my way here I used to Admin my own very large high volume Yahoo Group.

What is this all about?

As CAG has grown it has become increasingly clear to us that there are a great number of fantastic contributors out there who would make great Site Helpers/Mods but who simply never come to our attention. We feel that this can contribute to a feeling of being ‘passed over’ for some people and so we have decided to open up the selection of site Helpers to anyone who cares to nominate themselves. The result is this thread where we will post the names of everyone who wants to become a Site Helper.

The role of a Site Helper is not fixed - there is no job description and we make little in the way of rules for you. Essentially, we look for people who give consistently good advice, are helpful to other users, encourage those in need of a little more help than usual and who generally show an ability to handle conflict and help to create a little calm in those situations that all too easily become heated.

What sort of people are we looking for?

We are not setting any criteria or minimum levels before consideration, but as a general guide we think it likely that you will have been a member of the site for a number of months, have quite a substantial post count (from outwith the Bear Garden) and be able to offer around 5 hours of your spare time per week. You don't have to be an expert in anything and you don't need any qualifications.

If you think you're still interested, read on....

This role is NOT a bed of roses. You may find that once you join us you will become more hooked than before. Whilst this is great for us, it probably won't be so great for your family / partner / dog or whatever else is important in your life, when they realise that you spend more time with us than you do with them!

As a team member on CAG, some people will expect you to work magic, know everything and always be there for them. Others will assume that 'the power has gone to your head' simply because your username turns pink or, heaven forbid, green. Other people will be far worse. A fairly thick skin is useful too.

You will play a part in shaping the future of this forum. Your work behind the scenes in helping us to keep the forum running smoothly, identifying users in trouble, bringing new ideas and opinions to the table etc will start to rub off on you too. Your knowledge of many issues will likely rise very quickly - you'll soon find new confidence in your own ability and the experience of helping out in this way can even benefit your "real" job and might even open up new roads for your future career.

You would have access to other team members and would receive help and guidance in developing your own role here.

You would get to take part in meetings held around the country, meet face to face with those of us who live in dark cupboards, you might even decide to take part in subsidised, professional training courses.

Let us know

If you would like to be considered as a CAG Site Helper all you have to do is send a pm to NOMBot stating the areas/subjects you consider yourself most able to help with. For example, you may have developed a lot of experience in dealing with HSBC or perhaps you have a good knowledge of the Northern Ireland court system. This is the type of information we need to know about you. If you are not sure how to send a PM, there's a fair chance you might not be suitable just yet. Of course, if you would like your name to be removed from the list, just send another PM to NOMBot.

IMPORTANT

THIS IS NOT A ‘WAITING LIST’, and you should not assume that people will be asked to become Site Helpers in the order in which their names were added. People who can contribute in areas of particular need will be given priority.

Under no circumstances will we enter into any discussion whatsoever about any nomination – so don’t ask.

There will be no "Dear John" letters to anyone who we don't feel is suitable and we will not discuss any reasons why you may have been overlooked. We are not Human Resources professionals and we don’t have the skills or the resources to manage a proper formal selection process, so you will either be asked to become a Site Helper or you won’t. Please don’t be offended if your name stays on the list longer than you might like. All it means is that you are not what we’re looking for at the moment. DO NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF UNLESS YOU UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT THIS.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you may be interested. We very much appreciate the help that all our users give and remember, you don't have to have a title to do that!

How are Moderators selected?

Moderators are selected by invitation only from among the Site Help

Do my friends concur the same???

Anyway, it's a very genuine offer... DMD, knowledgeable MOD...

Best wishes to all... :) Dave..

• Haha 1

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have my vote too DMD.:D

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

May I point out the following:

If you would like to be considered as a CAG Site Helper all you have to do is send a pm to NOMBot
If you are not sure how to send a PM, there's a fair chance you might not be suitable just yet.

How are Moderators selected?

Moderators are selected by invitation only from among the Site Helpers.

;)

• Haha 2

Go on DMD, send the PM - you'd look great in pink.

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

May I point out the following:

As much as we love DMD... Everybody seems to love Dave..!! LOL!!

Is Dave fit to be a knowledgeable poster/Moderator...?

On the bad point, does anyone dislike Dave, DMD...?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

;)

Regards, Dave.

Hey, vimto man

I love you. Your posts in the DAG are useful. I may not have been here long, or posted much, but I've read loads of your stuff and have found it helpful.

What's to dislike?

:)

Any help and advice is offered in good faith, based solely on my own knowledge and on experience gathered from this site. I am not qualified to offer legal or financial advice, which you should seek from an expert before making any important decisions. My opinions are therefore offered without liability.

If I've been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

DMD i would support your application - send that PM.

I've read a lot of your posts, but haven't responded on many myself, as my small amount of knowledge would not be useful to you!! ;)

Your sense of humour is fab and just what people need in these messy situations. And don't forget the graphics :smile:

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Go on DMD, send the PM - you'd look great in pink.

DMD in pink knickers, shaking the director of a well known DCA warmly by the....trachea???

Yes, I'll vote for that.

I support the DMD campaign. Can we choose a different colour....and slightly larger knickers??

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

I agree with everyone else Dmd is brill on the debt forums.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Dave has my vote too. The world of 'Debt Collection...' it's not a nice experience. People like DMD change all that. You make me smile, laugh, even cheer sometimes! You release balloons. You wear a special tin hat. You drink cheeky vimto. That'll do for me! :grin:

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks